Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    The Jets would be fools to not go offense with their first pick.
    they def could use a WR or OLine...

as good as effiert is, i just think it would be silly to go tight end with so much talent every where else and so many needs.

But there are no QBs and no RBs...
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    lol Fluker only if the guards are gone
    The guards will be long gone Matt. The top 5 O linemen will all be long gone.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    Garrard? lol stop it... .unfortunately Sanchez is their best option
    Didn't know you were such a Sanchez fan.
    He stinks Matt. Garrard is a much better player. BTW....also a TC fav.

Yea maybe well finally get to see him this year...
    Austin was only out of football for 1 year when he was drafted.

But I did "misremember" (thanks Roger) that he was NOT coming off an injury. He was coming off a suspension.

I have question for MH. I wanted to post it here cause "who the worst fans in fb" is already off topic as it is. Anyway remember when we were discussing the desegregation of the MLB? You thought once the league started letting African Americans into the league, more talent was coming into the league (which I agreed with)and you suggested that stats from before the desegregation werent as...Ill say important.( I didnt agree with)

How come you dont share the same view when the AFL and NFL merged? Granted its a tad different, the MLB was bringing in individuals and the AFL brought their teams into the NFL, but I believe the premise is the same regarding talent.

I have question for MH. I wanted to post it here cause "who the worst fans in fb" is already off topic as it is. Anyway remember when we were discussing the desegregation of the MLB? You thought once the league started letting African Americans into the league, more talent was coming into the league (which I agreed with)and you suggested that stats from before the desegregation werent as...Ill say important.( I didnt agree with)

How come you dont share the same view when the AFL and NFL merged? Granted its a tad different, the MLB was bringing in individuals and the AFL brought their teams into the NFL, but I believe the premise is the same regarding talent.
    This guy was making the point that since the AFL existed, the NFL championship was a "sub championship".
    Its a different argument. Your argument isn't the argument we were making. Clearly, the individual accomplishments of all sports back when African-Americans couldn't participate, are to be taken with a grain of salt. But team championships are a bit different.
    But if you want to go there Dez, then all those Yankee championships from the 20's and 30's are in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Austin was only out of football for 1 year when he was drafted.

But I did "misremember" (thanks Roger) that he was NOT coming off an injury. He was coming off a suspension.
    yes he missed time as a rookie when he hit the IR in camp that year.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

This guy was making the point that since the AFL existed, the NFL championship was a "sub championship".
    Its a different argument. Your argument isn't the argument we were making. Clearly, the individual accomplishments of all sports back when African-Americans couldn't participate, are to be taken with a grain of salt. But team championships are a bit different.
    But if you want to go there Dez, then all those Yankee championships from the 20's and 30's are in question.
    I dont see a difference. Hes basically saying the championships pre merger dont matter as much, like you say stats pre desegregation dont matter as much. how can you say stats dont count but championships do. Having a number of championships is the ultimate stat, is it not? Again I agree with everything you were saying(except stats not being as important).
    That exactly what I said to gentlegiant about the Eagles championship.

I'd say personal feats and records are more in question than championships. even before desegregation, it was just ****ty white players playing against ****ty white players. lol it was still the best of the mediocre. haha

But I stand by my point that records prior to blacks in baseball are all kinda BS. It's all kind of subjective I guess, but...it brings me back to the Tosh debate:
    If youre going to put an asterisk next to barry bonds, then ya gotta put one next to babe ruth (not that ruth's records stand anymore).
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I dont see a difference. Hes basically saying the championships pre merger dont matter as much, like you say stats pre desegregation dont matter as much. how can you say stats dont count but championships do. Having a number of championships is the ultimate stat, is it not? Again I agree with everything you were saying(except stats not being as important).
    That exactly what I said to gentlegiant about the Eagles championship.
    we count AFL champs as much as we count NFL champs, dont we?

ex. The KC Chiefs of the 60s were kind of a powerhouse team. they have 4 total championships, including super bowl 4
    Oderint Dum Metuant