oh, but that being said....when we quote stats as giants fans, we just say "4 time Superbowl Champ Giants"....so we all kind of ignore it until some shmuck from another team says they have titles pre-merger (we have alot of those too lol)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont see a difference. Hes basically saying the championships pre merger dont matter as much, like you say stats pre desegregation dont matter as much. how can you say stats dont count but championships do. Having a number of championships is the ultimate stat, is it not? Again I agree with everything you were saying(except stats not being as important).
    That exactly what I said to gentlegiant about the Eagles championship.
    First of all, that guy is a Morehead Stalker.
    He's Dark Saint, 4th and 1 and ElidaMANning. All he does is go thread to thread to call good Ol' Morehead names.
    Secondly, his point had nothing to do with what you are talking about. He was saying that even in the 60's (with full integration) the NFL championships didn't mean anything because the AFL existed.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    we count AFL champs as much as we count NFL champs, dont we?

ex. The KC Chiefs of the 60s were kind of a powerhouse team. they have 4 total championships, including super bowl 4
    No one cares about AFL championships. Its just a BS agreement to include the stats in the NFL record books from the AFL to keep the AFL owners happy.
    There are only two AFL championship teams that matter. And that's the 68 Jets and the 69 Chiefs. (Friggin Otis Taylor in that game....Holy Crap!)
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No one cares about AFL championships. Its just a BS agreement to include the stats in the NFL record books from the AFL to keep the AFL owners happy.
    There are only two AFL championship teams that matter. And that's the 68 Jets and the 69 Chiefs. (Friggin Otis Taylor in that game....Holy Crap!)
    ok well now I see Dezz' point. Youre saying nobody cares, but we talk about our 4 NFL championships pre-merger. So I guess those are irrelevant?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    First of all, that guy is a Morehead Stalker.
    He's Dark Saint, 4th and 1 and ElidaMANning. All he does is go thread to thread to call good Ol' Morehead names.
    Secondly, his point had nothing to do with what you are talking about. He was saying that even in the 60's (with full integration) the NFL championships didn't mean anything because the AFL existed.
    I understand that, but youre basically saying the same thing he is regarding desegregation of MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I understand that, but youre basically saying the same thing he is regarding desegregation of MLB.
    Dez...As I remember that argument it was about when the best baseball was being played in MLB. Before integration, you can't argue that all the best players were playing. Even after that, it wasn't until the 60's when Latin players started playing, that MLB was at its best.
    Thru the 60's, if you were a kid and a great athlete, you played baseball, so all the best athletes were in MLB. Once the 70's hit, many of the great athletes started playing football and basketball as well.
    Its all coming back to me. Having said all that, the actual championships were still well earned and are just as valid.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'd say personal feats and records are more in question than championships. even before desegregation, it was just ****ty white players playing against ****ty white players. lol it was still the best of the mediocre. haha

But I stand by my point that records prior to blacks in baseball are all kinda BS. It's all kind of subjective I guess, but...it brings me back to the Tosh debate:
    If youre going to put an asterisk next to barry bonds, then ya gotta put one next to babe ruth (not that ruth's records stand anymore).
    That stupid Tosh quote is what started the whole thinglol. Hes wrong though. If over half the league were made up by minorites, Id agree, but minorities only make up around 20% of the league TODAY. Minorities showed the can put up numbers just as good or even better than their white counterparts, but there were so few it doesnt and shouldnt tarnish what happened pre desegregation.

Tosh also tried ripping the giants after they won last year. "yea like a 9-7 team that couldnt beat the redskins once is the best team in the world." Then made a comment on how Eli looks ******ed. I think hes a bitter Eagle fan.

I just saw a guy that looked identical to Stringer Bell (Idris Elba), except he was only like 5'10" ish

I was very disappointed that this guy didn't have an English accent.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Maybe someone older can answer this. In pictures from the 50's Giants wore a blue jacket with an NY(ny baseball giants /mets logo) on them . What color was the NY logo on their jacket? White or red? All can find is two on google with white lettering, but I could swear I saw an old colored video where the NY was red.
    Got this hat store near me and they make hats for cheap. put the NY in red in the front(possibly small and put it right over the brim in the corner) and the GIANTS small on the back on the fitted.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 04-24-2013 at 06:09 PM.

This is what happens when you have a former Yankee on the team.

Aceves is a toxic nightmare. Have fun pitching in Pawtucket.
    Get well soon 80.