+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #143711
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Just wait for all the pre madonnas to come back and see how the chemistry of the team goes down the tubes.
    I actually like the fact that the Yanks are doing well with a bunch of unknowns. The Sox are pretty much doing the same thing. But our team is on the field. Yours will be crawling back from the DL and when they come back, given all their salaries, they will displace all these kids who got them off to such a good start.
    Then we will see the same, disfunctional team. That's when the fun will be over for Yankee fans.
    The same disfuntional team that only missed the playoffs once in alomst 20 years?

    Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

  2. #143712
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,862
    6,5 safety yeeesss please. a young qb for Eli to groom. 2 olinemen. We have like 15 guys on Dline haha. good competition. JR did a FINE job once again.

    Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

  3. #143713
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,748
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Was at the game Friday, got seats in the delta sky box or whatever. That place is amazing. Seats were great angle, could see into the yanks dugout and they were just a bit to the left of homeplate. Before the game mom was looking around and sees Paul Oneil standing in the announcers booth, it was like 30 ft from us, I turned around and Michael Kay stood up, we waved and they waved back. It was awesome. She wont stop talking about it. Her favorite Yank besides The Mick.

    Great game too. Wonder what Girardis going to do with Phelps. Throw him in the rotation or keep him in long relief. Wouldnt be opposed to either with all these games being so close.
    Nice. I dont know all the seat names. I got Legends seats behind home plate the week before last for the arizona series. it was ****ing awesome!!

    Initial notes said Phelps would start for the time being.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #143714
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,748
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    6,5 safety yeeesss please. a young qb for Eli to groom. 2 olinemen. We have like 15 guys on Dline haha. good competition. JR did a FINE job once again.
    I don't think they'll keep Nassib long term. It'd be a strange idea. I mean, if we were coming down the stretch of Eli's career, it'd be genius, but...the guy still has like 7-8 years left lol. We'll see what happens. Maybe he's a trade chip?

    I liked the rest of the draft too. I would have liked to have seen a LB and Corner early on, but whatever...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #143715
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,862
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I don't think they'll keep Nassib long term. It'd be a strange idea. I mean, if we were coming down the stretch of Eli's career, it'd be genius, but...the guy still has like 7-8 years left lol. We'll see what happens. Maybe he's a trade chip?

    I liked the rest of the draft too. I would have liked to have seen a LB and Corner early on, but whatever...
    I think well be alright at linebacker. I herd theyre trying to get boley back. Rivers, Boley, and Williams isnt terrible. All have decent speed. Always have time to bring someone else in as well.

    Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

  6. #143716
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,748
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I think well be alright at linebacker. I herd theyre trying to get boley back. Rivers, Boley, and Williams isnt terrible. All have decent speed. Always have time to bring someone else in as well.
    I'd feel much more comfortable if Boley were back. Adding someone after cuts would help also.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #143717
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    6,5 safety yeeesss please. a young qb for Eli to groom. 2 olinemen. We have like 15 guys on Dline haha. good competition. JR did a FINE job once again.
    dude runs a 4.5 too.

    Met Weatherford yesterday, said it was a boring draft by Reese but he got the talent
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

  8. #143718
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'd feel much more comfortable if Boley were back. Adding someone after cuts would help also.
    Boley blows
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

  9. #143719
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I think well be alright at linebacker. I herd theyre trying to get boley back. Rivers, Boley, and Williams isnt terrible. All have decent speed. Always have time to bring someone else in as well.
    GIMME DANSBY

    Buffalo drafted a LBer, its after the draft so his contract will be ****
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

  10. #143720
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,748
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    GIMME DANSBY

    Buffalo drafted a LBer, its after the draft so his contract will be ****
    I'd LOVE Dansby. I remember you and I (im sure there were a ton of other people) were pretty adamant about acquiring him when he left AZ. Instead we got rolle =\
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts