Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I have no love of guns. I've never owned one and probably never will.Having said that the problems with violence in this country are not caused by the availability of guns. Its caused by the degradation of our society and the crappy job today's parents are doing.A short but concise Morehead rant.
    I get tha and I agree! But to "one up" the government by telling people to walk the streets with loaded rifles is just going to make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I get tha and I agree! But to "one up" the government by telling people to walk the streets with loaded rifles is just going to make things worse.
    Probably not going to help.
    But you have to understand the culture here. We are northeasterners and we don't have the same culture. Guns are part of their lives since they are born. They are almost exclusively responsible gun owners and don't want the government treading on it.
    And trust me, there are many in government who would vote tomorrow to ban all guns in this country. We can argue as to whether or not thats a good or bad thing, but it IS true.

Essentially, this focus on guns after Newtown is missing the real point. And it WILL cause some to overreact.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Probably not going to help.But you have to understand the culture here. We are northeasterners and we don't have the same culture. Guns are part of their lives since they are born. They are almost exclusively responsible gun owners and don't want the government treading on it.And trust me, there are many in government who would vote tomorrow to ban all guns in this country. We can argue as to whether or not thats a good or bad thing, but it IS true.Essentially, this focus on guns after Newtown is missing the real point. And it WILL cause some to overreact.
    Here is my thing. I don't think guns should be illegal. Marijuanna is illegal and it's everywhere lol. However I'm a little vexed as to why people need 449299202002 guns in their homes.

Here is my thing. I don't think guns should be illegal. Marijuanna is illegal and it's everywhere lol. However I'm a little vexed as to why people need 449299202002 guns in their homes.
    It doesn't matter if you or anyone else understands it.
    The great thing about a constitutional right, is that you don't have to explain to anyone why you are exercising it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    that sounds like a ******ed amount of money regardless of your wage, lol
    Eh, you've never spent $100 for 2 people?

My wage is like $14 an hour so I guess 1 day* was more accurate.

After taxes, working 8 hours.. that's around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Eh, you've never spent $100 for 2 people?

My wage is like $14 an hour so I guess 1 day* was more accurate.

After taxes, working 8 hours.. that's around that.
    ok, I take it back....$100 is still kinda pricey for any kind of food lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It doesn't matter if you or anyone else understands it.
    The great thing about a constitutional right, is that you don't have to explain to anyone why you are exercising it.
    I'm tired of the gun control debate.....not because I personally have anything against guns, but because I don't understand what the big ****ing deal is.

Why would anyone argue that a tougher process in obtaining one is a bad thing? Your right, fine? But if you want it, prove it....

I'm a smoker. When i started smoking, a pack was $4, and has increased multiple times. over $10 in PK. They tax the **** out of it. The government says "have whatever you want. We don't WANT you to smoke because it's not healthy, but if you REALLY want to smoke, then prove it and shell out the money for these ridiculous ****ing things...."

Keep your guns...who ****ing cares? Not me

If someone has nothing to hide on background checks, then they have nothing to worry about. If you **** up, sorry, but you lost your right to own a weapon.

During the filibuster, this mofo was sitting there saying "Having tougher background checks won't matter. Criminals don't go through background checks to get guns, because they steal them."
    SO let me get this straight ...WE HAVE LAWS that say stealing anything is obviously illegal, but criminals dont obey those laws obviously...so should we just not have those laws either???

These are ELECTED OFFICAILS....people PAID BY US to make and amend laws, and they sit there saying "Ehh what the point of laws? People are going to just break them anyway, this is stupid!"

Why does nobody talk about that??
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Just gonna throw this out there......

People wouldn't need guns at all if everyone just smoked some weed lol

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ABONG!!?!?!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    they are gun collectors Rudy they love the differences from one gun maker to the next they just collect the same as people collect cars or antiques....I have one gun I used to hunt when I was younger.. its a common thing up here to hunt....Idk.. I'd bet there is a gun in every household on my street and beyond.. I know several a gun collectors.... we are not shooting at each other in fact I don't remember the last time anyone was shot up here.....it just doesn't happen very often....marching on DC with guns seems a bit stupid and maybe even a bit crazy...jmo....guns and crazy don't mix good

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Just gonna throw this out there......

People wouldn't need guns at all if everyone just smoked some weed lol

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ABONG!!?!?!!
    ha I guess it a mind set for the most guns up here are owned for hunting more so than protection....Idk