Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Everything you rip Eli for is 10x worse regarding Joe.
    Lets see Dezz...In a era where you could maul WR's. Hit the QB in the head after taking 2+ steps after he throws the ball. Where you could attack the knees, head. Where you could cloths-line players....AND....where there was no west coast offense, no dumping the ball off to pad your comp. % stats.....and....where you threw the ball almost exclusively downfield......his productivity was very high.

Combine that with the fact that guys were intentionally going after Joe's knees from the day he left Alabama and could barely walk after a few years....Yes....Joe is a Hall of Famer.
    No football fan who ever saw him play would ever dispute that. He passed the eyeball test. he was simply, flat great.

And the only QB who came close to being able to throw the ball like Namath was Marino. Eli isn't in the same country, let alone the same league.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I changed my mind, Namath is a hall of famer

AFL hall of famer.......
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Banned
    Namath doesn't deserve to be in the hall IMO. Was he great? Yes. HOF great? Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I changed my mind, Namath is a hall of famer

I knew you'd come around.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Lets see Dezz...In a era where you could maul WR's. Hit the QB in the head after taking 2+ steps after he throws the ball. Where you could attack the knees, head. Where you could cloths-line players....AND....where there was no west coast offense, no dumping the ball off to pad your comp. % stats.....and....where you threw the ball almost exclusively downfield......his productivity was very high.

Combine that with the fact that guys were intentionally going after Joe's knees from the day he left Alabama and could barely walk after a few years....Yes....Joe is a Hall of Famer.
    No football fan who ever saw him play would ever dispute that. He passed the eyeball test. he was simply, flat great.

And the only QB who came close to being able to throw the ball like Namath was Marino. Eli isn't in the same country, let alone the same league.
    Didnt seem to bother Y.A. or Unitas. His stats arent even good compared to players back then MH.

Any man that wears a chinchilla coat should be banned from the Hall

Didnt seem to bother Y.A. or Unitas. His stats arent even good compared to players back then MH.
    Again...Guys who never saw someone play can only look at stats. As if that tells the story.
    I didn't see YA so I can't comment. I saw Johnny U but not really until after his decline.
    I DID see all of Namath's career though. Cut short by injury.

that's what i always tell him. there are hall of famers in his era that constantly put him to shame.....he isn't on the levels of any of those players.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

This topic is so SWAG

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    This topic is so SWAG
    I LOVE these topics, and it's always 3 on 1, regardless of who views what. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant