1. #144081
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,908
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Everything you rip Eli for is 10x worse regarding Joe.
    Lets see Dezz...In a era where you could maul WR's. Hit the QB in the head after taking 2+ steps after he throws the ball. Where you could attack the knees, head. Where you could cloths-line players....AND....where there was no west coast offense, no dumping the ball off to pad your comp. % stats.....and....where you threw the ball almost exclusively downfield......his productivity was very high.

    Combine that with the fact that guys were intentionally going after Joe's knees from the day he left Alabama and could barely walk after a few years....Yes....Joe is a Hall of Famer.
    No football fan who ever saw him play would ever dispute that. He passed the eyeball test. he was simply, flat great.

    And the only QB who came close to being able to throw the ball like Namath was Marino. Eli isn't in the same country, let alone the same league.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #144082
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,500
    I changed my mind, Namath is a hall of famer









    AFL hall of famer.......
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  3. #144083
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Namath doesn't deserve to be in the hall IMO. Was he great? Yes. HOF great? Absolutely not.

  4. #144084
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,908
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I changed my mind, Namath is a hall of famer








    I knew you'd come around.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #144085
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Lets see Dezz...In a era where you could maul WR's. Hit the QB in the head after taking 2+ steps after he throws the ball. Where you could attack the knees, head. Where you could cloths-line players....AND....where there was no west coast offense, no dumping the ball off to pad your comp. % stats.....and....where you threw the ball almost exclusively downfield......his productivity was very high.

    Combine that with the fact that guys were intentionally going after Joe's knees from the day he left Alabama and could barely walk after a few years....Yes....Joe is a Hall of Famer.
    No football fan who ever saw him play would ever dispute that. He passed the eyeball test. he was simply, flat great.

    And the only QB who came close to being able to throw the ball like Namath was Marino. Eli isn't in the same country, let alone the same league.
    Didnt seem to bother Y.A. or Unitas. His stats arent even good compared to players back then MH.

  6. #144086
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,678
    Any man that wears a chinchilla coat should be banned from the Hall

  7. #144087
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,908
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Didnt seem to bother Y.A. or Unitas. His stats arent even good compared to players back then MH.
    Again...Guys who never saw someone play can only look at stats. As if that tells the story.
    I didn't see YA so I can't comment. I saw Johnny U but not really until after his decline.
    I DID see all of Namath's career though. Cut short by injury.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #144088
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,500
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Didnt seem to bother Y.A. or Unitas. His stats arent even good compared to players back then MH.
    that's what i always tell him. there are hall of famers in his era that constantly put him to shame.....he isn't on the levels of any of those players.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  9. #144089
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    This topic is so SWAG

  10. #144090
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    This topic is so SWAG
    I LOVE these topics, and it's always 3 on 1, regardless of who views what. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts