1. #144471
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    They are smart now though and gamers should stop *****ing. Much more casual people who have less time for video games are who they are targeting. Don't blame them.

    You know how many people I've spoken to love the Xbox already because they can watch sports and have fantasy statistics and **** on the side of their TV?

    Yeah, they most likely won a ton of ****ing Americans because of that.

    PS4 better come up with some better **** if they want to win the console war.
    dude you must be ****ing high....

    xbox destroyed the used game market. I love spending $10 for a used game that I had my eyes on for awhile. Now, you have to pay $60 regardless....you can no longer just TRY a friend's game. You cant BORROW games. you can go to your friends house and log in to your xbox account, but you cant just lend your buddy the game....

    and, why in the hell are you going to pay for a subscription service, TO USE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES YOU ALREADY HAVE?!?!?

    do you honestly think that any of this is revolutionary? My ps3 does everything they advertised and it's already all free.

    and now that you got me started.....xbox one ALWAYS has to be connected to the internet in order to work.....xbox one NEEDS kinect to work.....the camera is always on....and microsoft has full access to what is on the camera. that is the creepiest **** ive ever heard of.

    nobody i know is getting this thing. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  2. #144472
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    They are smart now though and gamers should stop *****ing. Much more casual people who have less time for video games are who they are targeting. Don't blame them.

    You know how many people I've spoken to love the Xbox already because they can watch sports and have fantasy statistics and **** on the side of their TV?

    Yeah, they most likely won a ton of ****ing Americans because of that.

    PS4 better come up with some better **** if they want to win the console war.
    I disagree. I think making internet connection a must in order to play games will **** Microsoft big time. The consul is worthless if youre not paying monthly fees for live.

  3. #144473
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,519
    there have been a TON of Sony posts through social media saying things like "wow, our OLD product already does that", and "lol, yea our system is definitely not going to require that."

    unfortunately, there are alot of what i call "xbox kids" and they will just buy whatever they are used to. i'll just add to my list of things microsoft has ****ed up. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #144474
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,519
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I disagree. I think making internet connection a must in order to play games will **** Microsoft big time. The consul is worthless if youre not paying monthly fees for live.
    right, and this technically goes against the casual gamer point. imagine young kinds just wanting to play video games? you think they are going to be in the know when it comes to having to have this thing hooked up to the internet 24/7? its straight BS man
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #144475
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I disagree. I think making internet connection a must in order to play games will **** Microsoft big time. The consul is worthless if youre not paying monthly fees for live.
    Where do you see that? I believe it was rumored.

    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    there have been a TON of Sony posts through social media saying things like "wow, our OLD product already does that", and "lol, yea our system is definitely not going to require that."

    unfortunately, there are alot of what i call "xbox kids" and they will just buy whatever they are used to. i'll just add to my list of things microsoft has ****ed up. lol
    Sony has never done what Microsoft is doing... I never saw an option to do that **** on the PS3.

  6. #144476
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    right, and this technically goes against the casual gamer point. imagine young kinds just wanting to play video games? you think they are going to be in the know when it comes to having to have this thing hooked up to the internet 24/7? its straight BS man
    That was a rumor... nowhere is that set in stone though

  7. #144477
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,692
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    dude you must be ****ing high....

    xbox destroyed the used game market. I love spending $10 for a used game that I had my eyes on for awhile. Now, you have to pay $60 regardless....you can no longer just TRY a friend's game. You cant BORROW games. you can go to your friends house and log in to your xbox account, but you cant just lend your buddy the game....

    and, why in the hell are you going to pay for a subscription service, TO USE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES YOU ALREADY HAVE?!?!?

    do you honestly think that any of this is revolutionary? My ps3 does everything they advertised and it's already all free.

    and now that you got me started.....xbox one ALWAYS has to be connected to the internet in order to work.....xbox one NEEDS kinect to work.....the camera is always on....and microsoft has full access to what is on the camera. that is the creepiest **** ive ever heard of.

    nobody i know is getting this thing. lol
    What do you mean? I can borrow and play my friends games if I want. And games that have been out for a while arent $60.

    If I do get an xbox1 ill just put some duct tape over it. lol **** is reeeal creepy.

  8. #144478
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    dude you must be ****ing high....

    xbox destroyed the used game market. I love spending $10 for a used game that I had my eyes on for awhile. Now, you have to pay $60 regardless....you can no longer just TRY a friend's game. You cant BORROW games. you can go to your friends house and log in to your xbox account, but you cant just lend your buddy the game....

    and, why in the hell are you going to pay for a subscription service, TO USE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES YOU ALREADY HAVE?!?!?

    do you honestly think that any of this is revolutionary? My ps3 does everything they advertised and it's already all free.

    and now that you got me started.....xbox one ALWAYS has to be connected to the internet in order to work.....xbox one NEEDS kinect to work.....the camera is always on....and microsoft has full access to what is on the camera. that is the creepiest **** ive ever heard of.

    nobody i know is getting this thing. lol
    What are you talking about? LOL....

    I've bought cheap used games for awhile now... and who is to say whether or not Sony will charge for services? Rumored as well actually...

  9. #144479
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    That was a rumor... nowhere is that set in stone though
    it was in the keynote. in order for xbox to work, the kinect has to be on, and in order for the kinect to be on, it has to be connected to the internet.

    and the reason they do that is because of the game serial numbers etc. where you can only play a game that you registered. it doesnt know that withoput an internet connection.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  10. #144480
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    it was in the keynote. in order for xbox to work, the kinect has to be on, and in order for the kinect to be on, it has to be connected to the internet.

    and the reason they do that is because of the game serial numbers etc. where you can only play a game that you registered. it doesnt know that withoput an internet connection.
    Seriously? I have to see a video on this then for myself. I haven't heard about that 100%.

    If that's true, **** the Xbox then.

    I won't want to deal with that bull****.

    But I still think Sony might charge for services as well.

    I think in order to download DLC and ****, you still need internet. Not sure how Xbox has always been doing this lol.

    I have BOTH consoles.... both seem the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts