+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post

hahahahahahahahahahaaaa
    lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    yes, well, theyve been trying to put a stop to the used game market for awhile....this might be teh first, and biggest step =\

basically its "protection" for the game developers....well actually, for whatever company releases the games i guess. they look at it like this:

1 Person buys game new for $59.99. they let a friend play it. they let a 2nd friend play it. the owner then sells it back to game stop for $15 dollars. Gamestop sells it for $34.99 used.

Multiple people have now played it. And Gamestop has made a profit from it at least once(most retailers make $0.00 on brand new releases, which is why they try to make you buy all the ghey books, guides etc.).

The companies WANT that money. as far as they are concerned, they should have made $240 from the single sale of that game. That's what they will attempt to do....
    It's a god honest ****ing joke. I will not buy any console that constrains us to new games only. **** that... they want me to pay $65? Better make it AMAZING.

No game is really worth that much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    It's a god honest ****ing joke. I will not buy any console that constrains us to new games only. **** that... they want me to pay $65? Better make it AMAZING.

No game is really worth that much at all.
    nah man....i dont remember the last time i paid full price for any game.

if you want my honest opinion.....do PC gaming. Might take you awhile to get away from using a controller, but the graphics can be infinitely better, you can get almost ALL the same games with few exceptions(platform exclusives). And the prices are SOOOOO much lower with all the online deals you can get.
    Steam is an amazing platform, and companies like amazon have digital downloads for GREAT prices. Sure the brand new ones are goign to be $40-50 still....but if you do what i do, and wait a few months, you can get awesome games for $15.

I mean, there's no "used game" market....but, with the prices so low, do you really care?

I know alot of people are hesitant to try PC gaming, but it really is the best thing out.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

nah man....i dont remember the last time i paid full price for any game.

if you want my honest opinion.....do PC gaming. Might take you awhile to get away from using a controller, but the graphics can be infinitely better, you can get almost ALL the same games with few exceptions(platform exclusives). And the prices are SOOOOO much lower with all the online deals you can get.
    Steam is an amazing platform, and companies like amazon have digital downloads for GREAT prices. Sure the brand new ones are goign to be $40-50 still....but if you do what i do, and wait a few months, you can get awesome games for $15.

I mean, there's no "used game" market....but, with the prices so low, do you really care?

I know alot of people are hesitant to try PC gaming, but it really is the best thing out.
    I would have to buy an amazing PC and **** then. I probably would do it, but I honestly have been shying away from video games lately. I get bored way too quickly. I prefer watching movies/shows and reading.

But I might still get a console just for the heck of it.

Has anyone seen Life of Pi? I have it at home from netflix and probably going to watch it tonight.

I tried watching Lincoln last night and it was absolutely boring. I fell asleep instantly.

I would have to buy an amazing PC and **** then. I probably would do it, but I honestly have been shying away from video games lately. I get bored way too quickly. I prefer watching movies/shows and reading.

But I might still get a console just for the heck of it.
    well ya need something decent....but yea i get it.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Has anyone seen Life of Pi? I have it at home from netflix and probably going to watch it tonight.

I tried watching Lincoln last night and it was absolutely boring. I fell asleep instantly.
    nah havent seen it yet. let me know how it is.

Lincoln was good, just a bit too long. I didn't fall asleep tho haha
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Has anyone seen Life of Pi? I have it at home from netflix and probably going to watch it tonight. I tried watching Lincoln last night and it was absolutely boring. I fell asleep instantly.
    I heard Lincoln was pretty boring.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

kids these days.....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

nah havent seen it yet. let me know how it is.

Lincoln was good, just a bit too long.
    I didn't fall asleep tho haha
    Agreed, DDL is theee man though. My favorite part,
    It was right after the revolution, right after peace had been concluded. And Ethan Allen went to London to help our new country conduct its business with the king. The English sneered at how rough we are and rude and simple-minded and on like that, everywhere he went. Til one day he was invited to the townhouse of a great English lord. Dinner was served, beverages imbibed, time passed as happens and Mr. Allen found he needed the privy. He was grateful to be directed to this. Relieved, you might say. Mr. Allen discovered on entering the water closet that the only decoration therein was a portrait of George Washington. Ethan Allen done what he came to do and returned to the drawing room. His host and the others were disappointed when he didn't mention Washington's portrait. And finally his lordship couldn't resist and asked Mr. Allen had he noticed it. The picture of Washington. He had. Well what did he think of its placement? Did it seem appropriately located to Mr. Allen? And Mr. Allen said it did. The host was astounded. "Appropriate? George Washington's likeness in a water closet?" "Yes," said Mr. Allen, "where it will do good service. The world knows nothing will make an Englishman **** quicker than the sight of George Washington." I love that story.

+ Reply to Thread