+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Oh God..my mom wanted to see that. To IMDB I go!
    Barely any reviews there. Mixed reviews in the message board.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    So get high and see The end.
    No thanks, heard that movie was awful from a few friends, with no laughs whatsoever.

What is Insanity Workout?
    From what I read its high intensity exercises with little to no rest in between. I have been doing that for years.
    Take today for example.
    Biceps and legs and abs.
    I'll do 60lbs bicep curls four sets of ten reps. In between each set I do 100 crunches.
    Than I do hammers with the rope. 120lbs of the same amount of reps but now I add 12-15 reps. And do leg lifts in between.
    And my favorite inclined curls, get 50lbs dumb bells and just burn the hell out of my biceps. No set amount of reps or sets, till I can't lift my arms anymore. Than finish off with 80 forearm curls. 20 reps each set.
    As for legs I'm all about form and not going too heavy, I don't rest in between and felt it has been a great way to build my legs.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    From what I read its high intensity exercises with little to no rest in between. I have been doing that for years.
    Take today for example.
    Biceps and legs and abs.
    I'll do 60lbs bicep curls four sets of ten reps. In between each set I do 100 crunches.
    Than I do hammers with the rope. 120lbs of the same amount of reps but now I add 12-15 reps. And do leg lifts in between.
    And my favorite inclined curls, get 50lbs dumb bells and just burn the hell out of my biceps. No set amount of reps or sets, till I can't lift my arms anymore. Than finish off with 80 forearm curls. 20 reps each set.
    As for legs I'm all about form and not going too heavy, I don't rest in between and felt it has been a great way to build my legs.
    Sure, that's insane too

What is Insanity Workout? From what I read its high intensity exercises with little to no rest in between. I have been doing that for years. Take today for example. Biceps and legs and abs. I'll do 60lbs bicep curls four sets of ten reps. In between each set I do 100 crunches. Than I do hammers with the rope. 120lbs of the same amount of reps but now I add 12-15 reps. And do leg lifts in between. And my favorite inclined curls, get 50lbs dumb bells and just burn the hell out of my biceps. No set amount of reps or sets, till I can't lift my arms anymore. Than finish off with 80 forearm curls. 20 reps each set. As for legs I'm all about form and not going too heavy, I don't rest in between and felt it has been a great way to build my legs.
    That's some workout.

Take today for example.
    Biceps and legs and abs.
    We used to call it circuit training in "the day".
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

My muscle fibers are tearing...YES.

Take today for example.
    Biceps and legs and abs.
    Insanity is basically using your body weight as resistance. If you want to do weights, there's P90x I think it's called which is one level above insanity. You need the equipment though. Insanity is also a lot of cardio work. When you do weights, you're pretty getting none.

Insanity is basically interval training where you'll "max out" your body for 5 - 10 minutes. Rest for 30 seconds. Then go again. It's a total body work out and it happens in spurts. It's not like running where you ease into it and you gradually get fatigued. You're essentially slamming your body into a wall for 5 minutes at a time. They have different training sessions with different focal points of what you're working out. All sessions have a ton of cardio and it really works your core. You'll get super tone, but you won't get ripped. If you want to get ripped, try p90x. I think that's probably better for you.

If you're motivated and can push yourself (like me), it's definitely a good work out. I paid 90 bucks for the dvd's I think.

Edit: I was skeptical at first, because i thought it was going to be some jane fonda or richard simmons type ****. But it's really good. Im' a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We used to call it circuit training in "the day".
    That's pretty much it with some "modern" concepts throw in. I don't pretend to understand it either. I just follow the guy on the dvd that's yelling at me.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Insanity is basically using your body weight as resistance. If you want to do weights, there's P90x I think it's called which is one level above insanity. You need the equipment though. Insanity is also a lot of cardio work. When you do weights, you're pretty getting none.

Insanity is basically interval training where you'll "max out" your body for 5 - 10 minutes. Rest for 30 seconds. Then go again. It's a total body work out and it happens in spurts. It's not like running where you ease into it and you gradually get fatigued. You're essentially slamming your body into a wall for 5 minutes at a time. They have different training sessions with different focal points of what you're working out. All sessions have a ton of cardio and it really works your core. You'll get super tone, but you won't get ripped. If you want to get ripped, try p90x. I think that's probably better for you.

If you're motivated and can push yourself (like me), it's definitely a good work out. I paid 90 bucks for the dvd's I think.

Edit: I was skeptical at first, because i thought it was going to be some jane fonda or richard simmons type ****. But it's really good. Im' a fan.
    Sounds interesting, I'm 184lbs right now; and if you see me I look 195 lbs. There is a picture of my back on this thread somewhere, I don't think I can get any more ripped than I am right now lol I want to gain another 5-10 lbs and I'll be set.
    I'm always looking for new things to challenge myself in terms of exercising.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Sounds interesting, I'm 184lbs right now; and if you see me I look 195 lbs. There is a picture of my back on this thread somewhere, I don't think I can get any more ripped than I am right now lol I want to gain another 5-10 lbs and I'll be set.
    I'm always looking for new things to challenge myself in terms of exercising.
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout...sanity-workout

+ Reply to Thread