Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Probably the same price as a real bike or whatever.

Problem is, I could be watching TV with a stationary bike OR I enjoy the nice weather/peace and serenity with a real bike.

Have to choose which one is better.
    well if i had to choose between the 2, and got identical workouts....i'd go stationary for multiple reasons.
    1) one thing i hate about running and biking outdoors is if you get hurt, or if something happens, you still have to get back home.....
    2) i hate the weather lol
    3) i have bad ADD, so like you said....watching a movie while going on the bike for a few hours (i actually own a treadmill and ocassionally do this....running on the pavement is hell on the knees, and although a treadmill aint much better, it sure beats slamming your feet into the pavement..)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Probably the same price as a real bike or whatever.

Problem is, I could be watching TV with a stationary bike OR I enjoy the nice weather/peace and serenity with a real bike.

Have to choose which one is better.
    If you're able to watch tv while your're exercising, then you aren't working out hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    well if i had to choose between the 2, and got identical workouts....i'd go stationary for multiple reasons.
    1) one thing i hate about running and biking outdoors is if you get hurt, or if something happens, you still have to get back home.....
    2) i hate the weather lol
    3) i have bad ADD, so like you said....watching a movie while going on the bike for a few hours (i actually own a treadmill and ocassionally do this....running on the pavement is hell on the knees, and although a treadmill aint much better, it sure beats slamming your feet into the pavement..)
    Yeah, those are the same reasons why I would get a stat. bike. I just would love to enjoy the weatheronce in awhile. I guess walking in won't hurt after a stat. bike workout inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Wait...how much does a stationary bike cost?
    Ironically, usually quite a bit more than one that actually moves.

I must disagree with Pizzey on this. Its always better to actually DO something then to ride a contraption that simulates the action.
    Running outside over on a treadmill. Riding a bike over a stationary bike.

....Oh yeah.....playing an actually guitar over playing Guitar Hero.
    Just thought I'd add that.

And enduring tourain and weather builds character. It makes you a more complete human being.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Ironically, usually quite a bit more than one that actually moves.

I must disagree with Pizzey on this. Its always better to actually DO something then to ride a contraption that simulates the action.
    Running outside over on a treadmill. Riding a bike over a stationary bike.

....Oh yeah.....playing an actually guitar over playing Guitar Hero.
    Just thought I'd add that.

And enduring tourain and weather builds character. It makes you a more complete human being.
    Sometimes it hurts to run outside though. I usually try and run outside and it kills my ankles really bad. Can't seem to fix it.

Running outside is much MUCH harder than the treadmill, I admit that.
    Mood: WOOF!

Sometimes it hurts to run outside though. I usually try and run outside and it kills my ankles really bad. Can't seem to fix it.
    It toughens the body. That's the difference. Its a better workout and generally better for you. I suppose if you have a chronic knee or ankle problem you may have to keep it on a treadmill, but NOTHING is as good a workout as running a distance outside. Its one of the most natural human movements.

And yes....it is hard. And as Pizz says...its less convenient. ...Too friggin bad. If it was easy everyone would do it.

Keeping good form mitigates some of the injury concerns though.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Swimming is the best exercise though

Swimming is the best exercise though
    Burns more calories than running.
    Mood: WOOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Burns more calories than running.
    Gonna be swimmin for days in Florida.

It's fun too which is good