Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The key difference between republicans and democrats is that republicans believe in people and democrats believe in bureaucracies.
    1% of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    1% of the people.
    The occupy movement died a long time ago, as did their ridiculous slogans.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    1% of the people.
    Thats what Dems have never understood. And certainly the GOP politicians in Washington have done a piss poor job of articulating.

The greatness of this country comes from the notion that we have always tapped into the greatness of human beings.
    Now we are trying to dehumanize this country with the permeation of the federal government into every aspect of out lives.
    The ambition, dreams, innovation, creativity, love, ego, drive, work ethic etc... of individuals is what has made this the most prolific economy in the history of the planet. All because our ethic....the American ethic.....taps into it. It gives the power to the people and not the government.

Now it seems that we are content to hand that power back in order to be taken care of. ....... Its sickening.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    What does the occupy movement have to do with it? That was my opinion I was giving.

Bob Selig or whoever needs to get tough on these peds. All Commissioners do. The right way to do it is to ban the player for the year/season, erase all of their stats, and nullify their contract. When the player comes back he and his team can write a new contract and all stats after being outed will have an asteric next to their names. Its very simple, now do it.
    I think all new contracts are going to start involving something about voiding them if it's proved that they took something. i think it may already be in some contracts. the asterisk thing is stupid though. because everything from the past 30 years of the steroid era are already in the books.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Thats what Dems have never understood. And certainly the GOP politicians in Washington have done a piss poor job of articulating.The greatness of this country comes from the notion that we have always tapped into the greatness of human beings.Now we are trying to dehumanize this country with the permeation of the federal government into every aspect of out lives.The ambition, dreams, innovation, creativity, love, ego, drive, work ethic etc... of individuals is what has made this the most prolific economy in the history of the planet. All because our ethic....the American ethic.....taps into it. It gives the power to the people and not the government.Now it seems that we are content to hand that power back in order to be taken care of. ....... Its sickening.
    Who is handing what back?

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I think all new contracts are going to start involving something about voiding them if it's proved that they took something. i think it may already be in some contracts. the asterisk thing is stupid though. because everything from the past 30 years of the steroid era are already in the books.
    Still their stats prior to being caught or outed should be completely erased.

they had it right, they didn't do it right. they basically were preaching exactly what Morehead just said by the way. but it falls on deaf ears usually.

I also find it obnoxious that we had such huge protests for the occupy movement, but people are so complacent and dont say anythign about the NSA leaks. wtf is wrong with these people? lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Still their stats prior to being caught or outed should be completely erased.
    that's my point. youd have to erase all the stuff already in the history books from retired players. i dont see that happening.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    that's my point. youd have to erase all the stuff already in the history books from retired players. i dont see that happening.
    It shouldnt matter at all imo. A cheat is a cheat whether it was yesterday, last year or 20 years ago.