+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #147011
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,483
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    It shouldnt matter at all imo. A cheat is a cheat whether it was yesterday, last year or 20 years ago.
    I stick to my fairly indifferent stance on the PED discussion. I don't even really like baseball as much as I did as a kid, so...what i didnt know, didnt hurt me. now nobody gives a **** about baseball unless we're talking about ped users, so...how is that at all interesting? I just dont care lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  2. #147012
    All-Pro ny06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,813
    Here's an interesting tidbit about Ryan Braun.
    Ryan Braun's contract extension signed as a result of cheating: $105 Million.
    Money lost from suspension: $3.7 Million.
    Net gain: $101.3 Million.
    I'm sure he learned his lesson.
    Point is players will take their chances with cheating, hit them in their wallets and maybe things will change.

    Giants fan since the early 80s

  3. #147013
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,657
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    they had it right, they didn't do it right. they basically were preaching exactly what Morehead just said by the way. but it falls on deaf ears usually.

    I also find it obnoxious that we had such huge protests for the occupy movement, but people are so complacent and dont say anythign about the NSA leaks. wtf is wrong with these people? lol
    No Pizz? They were not preaching what MH is saying, in the slightest. They were *****ing about "1%" of Americans having all the money and having great paying jobs while they slept in parks and complained about not having enough money. They wanted free money or more job benefits. Take a look at the unions in this country to see how well that works out. People pensions are being taken away left and right.

    And those same people that were going wild about the NSA when the previous President was in office are now pretty complacent about it like you said. This President has 3 potential scandals hovering over his head and the media looks the other way. Go figure.

  4. #147014
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,657
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Here's an interesting tidbit about Ryan Braun.
    Ryan Braun's contract extension signed as a result of cheating: $105 Million.
    Money lost from suspension: $3.7 Million.
    Net gain: $101.3 Million.
    I'm sure he learned his lesson.
    Point is players will take their chances with cheating, hit them in their wallets and maybe things will change.
    I agree, and go after stats as well. Especially in baseball.

  5. #147015
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    No Pizz? They were not preaching what MH is saying, in the slightest. They were *****ing about "1%" of Americans having all the money and having great paying jobs while they slept in parks and complained about not having enough money. They wanted free money or more job benefits. Take a look at the unions in this country to see how well that works out. People pensions are being taken away left and right. And those same people that were going wild about the NSA when the previous President was in office are now pretty complacent about it like you said. This President has 3 potential scandals hovering over his head and the media looks the other way. Go figure.
    The media complex. Do you disagree that 1% of the people in this country have the majority of wealth?

  6. #147016
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,483
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    The media complex. Do you disagree that 1% of the people in this country have the majority of wealth?
    considering it's statisically true (depending on where you put the threashold of "majority", you cant really dispute it.

    believe it or not, Dezz(this isn't directed at you, speedman), not EVERYONE is looking for a handout. just the dregs of society. People are losing retirements, kids cant afford to go to school(im one of them) without going into a lifetime of debt, then they cant get jobs....this is the result of years and years and years of ****ty practices that THE PEOPLE can't change themselves.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #147017
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,483
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    And those same people that were going wild about the NSA when the previous President was in office are now pretty complacent about it like you said. This President has 3 potential scandals hovering over his head and the media looks the other way. Go figure.
    I don't understand it either. there are other counties protesting this more than we even are. I'm not much of an activist or anything,but obviously i have opinions. like i said...years and years....decades of abusing the american people...maybe we're just burned out and we dont know it lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  8. #147018
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Debating:

    P90X or Insanity?

  9. #147019
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,893
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    considering it's statisically true (depending on where you put the threashold of "majority", you cant really dispute it.

    believe it or not, Dezz(this isn't directed at you, speedman), not EVERYONE is looking for a handout. just the dregs of society. People are losing retirements, kids cant afford to go to school(im one of them) without going into a lifetime of debt, then they cant get jobs....this is the result of years and years and years of ****ty practices that THE PEOPLE can't change themselves.
    It happens in slow and in subtle ways.
    If you look at Obamacare. What this law does, (aside from all the job killing) is it mitigates the incentive for innovation in medical technology. When the government assumes more and more of the responsibility, the abilty to make profits from innovation is lessened. Some theink thats good. "There all a bunch of greedy *******s".
    But in reality, fewer lives are saved down the road as a product. So we've stuck it to the capitalists, but we've harmed mankind.

    There are millions of other examples or what I'm talking about.

    Nothing on this planet produces more innovation and effiency than free and open markets. Because it taps into the greatness of human beings.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 07-24-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #147020
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,657
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    The media complex. Do you disagree that 1% of the people in this country have the majority of wealth?
    Not 1%, no. Maybe around 10.

    I disagree with taking their money away or taxing them more than 50% like the occupy movement wanted to do. They or their family members were successful, its theirs. Demonizing success and hard work is un American

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts