Sign up for a Giants Mastercard. Decent APR (which is moot if you keep your debt low), and 10,000 points after your first purchase, which can be used as a $100 statement credit. Free hundred bucks, you can't go wrong. Plus, it's basically memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Then you can drop 26 employees to part time and maintain only 49 full time employees.This rule mitigates a Company's ability to make decisions for itself and requires them to work around the new law to the detriment of its own interests and the economy in general..
    You should know what your talking about before you post. They count part time equivalents in the 50 people number.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    You should know what your talking about before you post. They count part time equivalents in the 50 people number.
    So what is the standard for the requirement to pay for health care insurance?
    Is it your view that Obamacare requires that part time employees be supplied with health insurance?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    So what is the standard for the requirement to pay for health care insurance?Is it your view that Obamacare requires that part time employees be supplied with health insurance?
    No. In your example 49 FT and 26 PT, if the FT people were not insured the PT equivalents would put you over the 50 person amount and make you subject to the penalty. If the 49 FT are insured then there is no issue.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Sign up for a Giants Mastercard. Decent APR (which is moot if you keep your debt low), and 10,000 points after your first purchase, which can be used as a $100 statement credit. Free hundred bucks, you can't go wrong. Plus, it's basically memorabilia.
    Mastercard is still around>?!?!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Isn't HSBC and mastercard like linked up, together? Usually when you get a debit card from HSBC, they have mastercard on them.

And I think Visa is with Chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Isn't HSBC and mastercard like linked up, together? Usually when you get a debit card from HSBC, they have mastercard on them.

And I think Visa is with Chase.
    lolwut? I think you have a profound misunderstanding of how this works =P

Banks can really choose to contract plastics with whoever they want. You just made it sound like there are only 2 banks in the world. lol

Plus, I'm fairly sure HSBC was merged with First Niagara...

my place uses visa, but we USED to offer mastercard credit for a short while.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    lolwut? I think you have a profound misunderstanding of how this works =P

Banks can really choose to contract plastics with whoever they want. You just made it sound like there are only 2 banks in the world. lol

Plus, I'm fairly sure HSBC was merged with First Niagara...

my place uses visa, but we USED to offer mastercard credit for a short while.
    No I didn't? I used chase as another example... I'm saying, isn't there a contract between these credit card companies and their banks?

Like you'll see mastercard on most or all HSBC debit cards and VISA for Chase.

I am not sure about the other banks because I never used them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    No I didn't? I used chase as another example... I'm saying, isn't there a contract between these credit card companies and their banks?

Like you'll see mastercard on most or all HSBC debit cards and VISA for Chase.

I am not sure about the other banks because I never used them.
    yes, you are right about that. they can choose whoever they want.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Never liked HSBC as a bank to be honest. Every branch I've been to sucked and had horrible employees.

Chase is nice, awesome people.