1. #147111
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Never liked HSBC as a bank to be honest. Every branch I've been to sucked and had horrible employees.

    Chase is nice, awesome people.
    I have no experience with either.

    they are my competition, and locally we have the largest market share, by a landslide
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  2. #147112
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,103
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I have no experience with either.

    they are my competition, and locally we have the largest market share, by a landslide
    Oh! You work with a bank, right.

    Which bank?

  3. #147113
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Oh! You work with a bank, right.

    Which bank?
    at a Credit Union actually. As of last year, I think we were the 18th largest in the country
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #147114
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,103
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    at a Credit Union actually. As of last year, I think we were the 18th largest in the country
    Ah okay.

    I've heard good things of credit unions.

    A lot of towns/places like yours have more credit unions or savings banks right?

    I know in Staten Island, there aren't that many branch banks, most of them are town savings banks.

  5. #147115
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,915
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    No. In your example 49 FT and 26 PT, if the FT people were not insured the PT equivalents would put you over the 50 person amount and make you subject to the penalty. If the 49 FT are insured then there is no issue.
    The ultimate point is that businesses will have to manipulate their employment rolls, often what would normally be against their interests, in order to avoid the penalties assesed by the federal government.
    What this does is lower general productivity in the economy, making American companies (especially small businesses, which are the engine of our growth) less competitive in a global economy.
    The long term consequences are slower economic growth and fewer jobs.
    Its just one example of many that represent the consequences of Obamacare on the economy.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #147116
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Ah okay.

    I've heard good things of credit unions.

    A lot of towns/places like yours have more credit unions or savings banks right?

    I know in Staten Island, there aren't that many branch banks, most of them are town savings banks.
    There are about 4 CUs in our area. but we still have all the big names in the area too, Chase, Key, BOA, etc....they just arent as popular.

    of those CUs, we have about 80% of the market share lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #147117
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,103
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    There are about 4 CUs in our area. but we still have all the big names in the area too, Chase, Key, BOA, etc....they just arent as popular.

    of those CUs, we have about 80% of the market share lol
    Yep, makes total sense.

  8. #147118
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The ultimate point is that businesses will have to manipulate their employment rolls, often what would normally be against their interests, in order to avoid the penalties assesed by the federal government.What this does is lower general productivity in the economy, making American companies (especially small businesses, which are the engine of our growth) less competitive in a global economy.The long term consequences are slower economic growth and fewer jobs.Its just one example of many that represent the consequences of Obamacare on the economy.
    Obamacare isn't going to affect the economy. There aren't many ways to manipulate employment rolls to get around this. There are a couple of ways to get around it if you are in the 50 to 100 range of employees that will not affect employment or productivity. I would think that most companies with a 100 or more employees already offer coverage. The other issue is the Medicare tax tied to this bill. A guy like Romney, this would cost him about 800,000, could well afford this considering the reduced tax rates on dividends and capital gains.
    Engage brain before speaking.

  9. #147119
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    17,877
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Mastercard is still around>?!?!
    Dude, free $100. Why are you asking questions? lol

  10. #147120
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,103
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Dude, free $100. Why are you asking questions? lol
    Must find?

    Isn't it true if you sign up for more credit cards, it kills your credit score a little though?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts