Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Must find?

Isn't it true if you sign up for more credit cards, it kills your credit score a little though?
    Too many inquiries do, because they automatically assume you need a lot of money.

But it's only temporary, unless you actually do need money and rack up a boat load of debt that you choose to handle with late minimum payments.

It also hurts your credit to cancel credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Too many inquiries do, because they automatically assume you need a lot of money.

But it's only temporary, unless you actually do need money and rack up a boat load of debt that you choose to handle with late minimum payments.

Cancel...... can't you just cut it up and be done? Unless someone can find out that credit card, left open.

Dude, free $100. Why are you asking questions? lol
    lol, cuz i dont really USE my credit cards. that and because mastercard is so ****ing archaic that i dont really trust it for some reason. who's the issuing bank???
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    lol, cuz i dont really USE my credit cards. that and because mastercard is so ****ing archaic that i dont really trust it for some reason. who's the issuing bank???
    Barclay

AMEX has the nicest cards

exactly. I'm in a spot right now where I can't cancel credit cards i have because I havent had my current ones very long. maybe a handful of years. Based on my current credit karma service, as of July 1st, I'm a 760. If i closed my oldest card i'd drop 12 points. it would only take me a few months to increase that again luckily. but...WHAT IF I WANNA BUY A HOUSE TMRW!!!?!?!?! lmao
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Cancel...... can't you just cut it up and be done? Unless someone can find out that credit card, left open.
    You can cut it and never use it, but a long credit history is better than a short one. Plus, if you have annual fees, it's not cost effective to just cut them up and not cancel.

Your best bet is getting a small subscription and setting up auto payments through your checking account. You'll never worry about late payments, you'll have a long credit history, and some nice titty magazines.

You can cut it and never use it, but a long credit history is better than a short one. Plus, if you have annual fees, it's not cost effective to just cut them up and not cancel.

Your best bet is getting a small subscription and setting up auto payments through your checking account. You'll never worry about late payments, you'll have a long credit history, and some nice titty magazines.
    I only sign up for the no annual fees.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    exactly. I'm in a spot right now where I can't cancel credit cards i have because I havent had my current ones very long. maybe a handful of years. Based on my current credit karma service, as of July 1st, I'm a 760. If i closed my oldest card i'd drop 12 points. it would only take me a few months to increase that again luckily. but...WHAT IF I WANNA BUY A HOUSE TMRW!!!?!?!?! lmao
    Yeah, see it damages it slightly for a short amount of time. If you're anal about the score though, put like a $4 Pandora subscription on it (or something relevant to you, Netflix, perhaps) and set up auto-payments.

I only sign up for the no annual fees.
    Yeah, unless the APR is 0%, or there's some awesome rewards program on the card, annual payments make little sense. AMEX does it a lot.