JP!! How the hell are you buddy? You still at the CU?

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    Most of the people without coverage are being treated in emergency rooms anyway, so I don't think it puts a tremendous strain on the medical system. I haven't read the part about preventative tests if it's in there.I do think you're paranoid about killing us off at 62. If they would have left the money they withheld from people's paychecks in a lock box and not used it in the general budget SS and Medicare would not be an issue. Both political parties do this.
    I don't know that to be a fact that all of the country's uninsured are receiving treatment in the er. Uninsured Emergency room treatments are entirely different from the type of care that insured people receive. I have yearly physicals and lab work, sometimes lab work 2x per year, diagnostic treatments range from catscans, mri's, xrays, stress tests, occasionally physical therapy.

I am certain that the guy at the emergency room with no insurance is not being scheduled for costly testing like mri's. What insured people go to the ER anyway? Only in an emergency, otherwise, we schedule appointments with our Dr's. We PAY OUR INSURANCE PREMIUMS to have that option.

The uninsured will now flood the patient health pool. There's a difference between going to the emergency room and all of a sudden showing up at MY Dr's office....so now we have to wait longer and we cannot get an emergency appointment for ourselves or our family.

I gotta tell ya, if in 2014 I walk into my Dr's office and the waiting room is jam packed with non-English speaking patients, I'm gonna ****ing lose it!

I'm a terrible citizen. I'm not even registered to vote. But maybe I'll do it when it's not the same puppet with a different face running for president year after year. And not the lesser of two evils.

So basically, I'm never going to vote.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lttaylor56 View Post
    I don't know that to be a fact that all of the country's uninsured are receiving treatment in the er. Uninsured Emergency room treatments are entirely different from the type of care that insured people receive. I have yearly physicals and lab work, sometimes lab work 2x per year, diagnostic treatments range from catscans, mri's, xrays, stress tests, occasionally physical therapy.

I am certain that the guy at the emergency room with no insurance is not being scheduled for costly testing like mri's. What insured people go to the ER anyway? Only in an emergency, otherwise, we schedule appointments with our Dr's. We PAY OUR INSURANCE PREMIUMS to have that option.

The uninsured will now flood the patient health pool. There's a difference between going to the emergency room and all of a sudden showing up at MY Dr's office....so now we have to wait longer and we cannot get an emergency appointment for ourselves or our family.

I gotta tell ya, if in 2014 I walk into my Dr's office and the waiting room is jam packed with non-English speaking patients, I'm gonna ****ing lose it!
    most private practices aren't going to take on more than they can handle...many will add a Doc or a practitioner....it should create jobs I would think..

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    This bill will not decrease productivity or employment. A company with 60 employees will not fire 11 people to get under the 50. That would only hurt their productivity and profitability. There are a lot of good things in this bill. The only disappointing thing is that Obama didn't have the balls to stick to his guns and keep the public option in the bill.
    It will increase costs. Making them less competitive. Less competitive companies make less money, hire fewer workers and struggle more to stay in business. Unfortunately, today's American companies are competing against other companies around the world. Most of whom exist with governments that aren't as hostile as ours is to our own businesses.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It will increase costs. Making them less competitive. Less competitive companies make less money, hire fewer workers and struggle more to stay in business. Unfortunately, today's American companies are competing against other companies around the world. Most of whom exist with governments that aren't as hostile as ours is to our own businesses.
    However, will the benefits of having a healthier and more productive workforce counter the additional costs? Healthier workforce means increase in productivity. Higher productivity means a higher return to the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    However, will the benefits of having a healthier and more productive workforce counter the additional costs? Healthier workforce means increase in productivity. Higher productivity means a higher return to the economy.
    I'm sorry...I just laughed so hard I got spit on the keyboard.....

Liberal bull**** at its best.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I'm sorry...I just laughed so hard I got spit on the keyboard.....

Liberal bull**** at its best.
    How is it liberal bull****. Healthier people are more productive, no? Having a more productive workforce would produce higher returns for the employer, no?

You think our government is hostile to businesses letting them leave all that untaxed money offshore?
    Engage brain before speaking.

I'm sorry...I just laughed so hard I got spit on the keyboard.....Liberal bull**** at its best.
    You sound like you're in with the crazy extremists to the right which are just as crazy as the extremists to the left. Have you ever voted for a democrat or are you one of the ones that would vote for a dog just because he was a republican?
    Engage brain before speaking.