Any form of entertainment can bring out imagination.

Amazon has a new thing now where people use stories from television, movies, and other books and they create their own twists from the story.

It's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Reading required thought and imagination. It also exposes one to characters and has life lessons.
    Video games are mindless machines that suck the creative juices out of anyone who participates. This is the philosophy I used in raising my kids, and they have thanked me for it.
    Moke said it best. Moderation. I disagree that they are mindless machines. Television is mindless and does the thinking for you. You interact with a video game, youre constantly thinking, youre keeping your brain active. Pilots train with video games, soldiers in training use video games and virtual reality.

Television might be the worst IMO, but that's just me.

Lately I've been really watching things that were more witty, more reality stuff,

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm a bit confused by that statement. Reading is just comprehension. A story is told, and the reader does what they see fit with that information. Imagination is a good description. There are the same stories in video games(well I guess it would depend on what you play).

Dezz and I played this game called Red Dead Redemption, that honestly had me drawn in by the story more so than any book I've read in YEARS. By the ending, I was emotionally drained lol.

So I get what youre saying, but it's a rash generalization.
    Perhaps it is Pizz. A little mindless entertainment isn't a bad thing. But the video game industy is a friggin giant. All because they prey on the weakness of today's kids. Who are created by today's crappy parents. Kids are fat, inarticulate, stupid and have no people skills at all. You can't get a friggin teenager to look you in the eye anymore for God's sake. I know I'm an old fart, but this **** is troubling.

And so goes the fall of the Western World.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Perhaps it is Pizz. A little mindless entertainment isn't a bad thing. But the video game industy is a friggin giant. All because they prey on the weakness of today's kids. Who are created by today's crappy parents. Kids are fat, inarticulate, stupid and have no people skills at all. You can't get a friggin teenager to look you in the eye anymore for God's sake. I know I'm an old fart, but this **** is troubling.

They are making money. Preying? Just need better parenting honestly.

Right there is your problem.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I agree completely but youre blaming an object for bad parenting MH

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    They are making money. Preying? Just need better parenting honestly.
    Bad parenting gives them that opportunity. I don't blame the video game industry. I blame parents. these are nothing more than electronic babysitters.
    As I said, a little mindless entertainment is fine. We all need to rest our brains. But there is a difference between rest and an outright coma.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Right there is your problem.
    Bad parents are the biggest problem in America.
    And there is no close second.

Yeah of course, bad parenting has always been the issue to me. My parents have always taught me good managing of time.