Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    They're ****s. I wanted to upgrade my checking account today and separate it entirely from my parents', so I gave them a call. The lady told me that in order to upgrade, I'd have to go the local branch BUT she could make a new one over the phone. I was lazy, so I was like "just make a new one." So she reads me pages and pages of disclosures, and then tells me that I needed $25 to activate the checking, and another $25 for the savings, for a total of (by my math) $50.

"No problem," I told her. I gave her my Visa info, and she transferred the funds. So she activates all the stuff, I sign into my old username (I didn't close the old checking account out). Everything looked fine; I had two new accounts, both with $25. So, in order to pay back my Visa, I transferred the money from both new accounts into my old checking account, because that's the account set-up to make the Visa payments.

So I go on to the Visa's website, and, not $50, but $75 was deducted from my credit availability. WTF. So I called Visa, and they told me: "Wells Fargo deducted three $25." So I call WF, and they're like "Oh this happens all the time, probably just a typo, nothing I can do."

Jerkoffs. Definitely should've went with the Ally account.
    Legalized thievery, big banks suck

They're ****s. I wanted to upgrade my checking account today and separate it entirely from my parents', so I gave them a call. The lady told me that in order to upgrade, I'd have to go the local branch BUT she could make a new one over the phone. I was lazy, so I was like "just make a new one." So she reads me pages and pages of disclosures, and then tells me that I needed $25 to activate the checking, and another $25 for the savings, for a total of (by my math) $50.

"No problem," I told her. I gave her my Visa info, and she transferred the funds. So she activates all the stuff, I sign into my old username (I didn't close the old checking account out). Everything looked fine; I had two new accounts, both with $25. So, in order to pay back my Visa, I transferred the money from both new accounts into my old checking account, because that's the account set-up to make the Visa payments.

So I go on to the Visa's website, and, not $50, but $75 was deducted from my credit availability. WTF. So I called Visa, and they told me: "Wells Fargo deducted three $25." So I call WF, and they're like "Oh this happens all the time, probably just a typo, nothing I can do."

Jerkoffs. Definitely should've went with the Ally account.
    That sucks..

When I opened a checking account, you had to deposit a minimum of $200 dollars in order for it to be opened.

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That sucks..

When I opened a checking account, you had to deposit a minimum of $200 dollars in order for it to be opened.
    That's how it was when I had the "Teen Account," but because I opened a "College Account," there's no minimum balance required.

I really don't understand how these types of things happen with everything is so calculated, and computerized. I understand fat fingering and adding an extra zero, but seriously, where did that other $25 go? I thought I got caught sleeping during their disclosures and missed some key piece of info stating that we're gonna pull an extra $25 out of your ***.

Whatever, I'll just get Visa to claim the money if it's not solved by the morning.

I could have opened a college account, but the $150 rebate was being given to only those with regular accounts and I fit the requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG- View Post
    Legalized thievery, big banks suck
    Yeah, but I've always liked WF since they gave me a debit card when I was like 16, lol.

Guess they did it just to rape me at a future time.

I don't even know why people use banks. Just open a Credit Union account. 95% of them are free, with basically no minimum balance requirements, and typically the only time you have to pay them is when YOU **** up.

Unless of course you like pissing money away =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Yeah, but I've always liked WF since they gave me a debit card when I was like 16, lol.

Guess they did it just to rape me at a future time.
    were your parents on the account? Cuz any 16 year old can get a debit card if so
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I read the funniest **** yesterday....a US "historic" event that isn't commonly known:

In 1982 the US border patrol set up a road block in Florida on the very bottom of US 1.....which is pretty much the only way to get from Florida to Key West.

The Key West City Council complained repeatedly about the inconvenience to travelers, and how it was hurting tourism, thus lost them alot of money.
    When their complaints went unanswered by the federal goverment, and their attempt to get an injunction against the existence of the roadblock/stop-and-search, failed.....Mayor Dennis Wardlow and the council declared Key West independant. In their opinion, since they set up a border patrol going into Key West, they must have been considered a foreign nation. Alot of locals in Key West are nicknamed Conchs, so the new territory took the name "The Conch Republic".
    The Mayor then declared war on the US, by symbolically breaking a stale loaf of Cuban bread over the head of a man dressed in US naval attire, immediately surrendered to the man in the uniform, and then applied for one billion dollars in foreign aid. lmao

this mock secession was great publicity for key west and ended up making them quite a bit of money. in 1994, Conch Republic officials were even invited to "Summit of the Americas" held in Miami that year lol.

Btw.....the roadblock was removed after the secession
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conch_republic
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Why did we get rid of these road uniforms?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why did we get rid of these road uniforms?
    I know man. Those are my favs.