1. #148921
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    No Brutus, Manny was caught a few times. Ortiz was named in 03 and kept denying it and received no punishment. So a player now has to admit that he took steroids to make it true? Thats some bs. Fact is youre in denial. Peds were everywhere in the league.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...steroids_case/

    Heres another gem for you.
    "At the end of my career, in 2008 when I had gotten hurt, there was a conversation that I was involved in in which is was brought to my attention that this is a potential path I might want to pursue," Schilling told Colin Cowherd.
    Asked for more details, Schilling said the conversation occurred in the clubhouse and involved "former members of the organization - they're no longer there. It was an incredibly uncomfortable conversation. Because it came up in the midst of a group of people. The other people weren't in the conversation but they could clearly hear the conversation. And it was suggested to me that at my age and in my situation, why not? What did I have to lose? Because if I wasn't going to get healthy, it didn't matter. And if I did get healthy, great."


    This whole "My team has less cheaters" act from you is a joke. Thats evidence the sox front office promotes steroid use. hahahaha

    Oh my God Dezz....You just don't get it. I am trying not to insult you but you can't be this dumb.
    I am not claiming that "our team cheated less". I'm saying that for a Yankee fan (with their steroid history) to whine about the Red Sox is irony to the Nth degree.
    Why on earth would you whine about the Sox when your team has been so dirty. A fact that I NEVER made until you started in on the Sox.
    Get well soon 80.

  2. #148922
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,521
    Baseball is such a boring sport to watch.

  3. #148923
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,800
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Baseball is such a boring sport to watch.
    Agreed.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  4. #148924
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Oh my God Dezz....You just don't get it. I am trying not to insult you but you can't be this dumb.
    I am not claiming that "our team cheated less". I'm saying that for a Yankee fan (with their steroid history) to whine about the Red Sox is irony to the Nth degree.
    Why on earth would you whine about the Sox when your team has been so dirty. A fact that I NEVER made until you started in on the Sox.
    I know exactly what youre saying. Im saying the Sox are just as guilty.

  5. #148925
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I know exactly what youre saying. Im saying the Sox are just as guilty.
    So its your view that the Yankees championships were "tainted".?.........

    Interesting.

    I disagree but I admire your objectivity.
    Get well soon 80.

  6. #148926
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,521
    Ten Team League, $200 per team:

    QBs: Cam Newton/Russell Wilson;
    RBs: Doug Martin/SJax/Forte/Miller/Mendenhall/Pierce/Hillman;
    WRs: Dez/Bowe/A.Brown/M.Williams/J.Gordon;
    TE: Brandon Myers.
    DEF: Cincy
    K: Justin Tucker

  7. #148927
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Oh my God Dezz....You just don't get it. I am trying not to insult you but you can't be this dumb.
    I am not claiming that "our team cheated less". I'm saying that for a Yankee fan (with their steroid history) to whine about the Red Sox is irony to the Nth degree.
    Why on earth would you whine about the Sox when your team has been so dirty. A fact that I NEVER made until you started in on the Sox.
    NO...what both he and I are saying is that the double standard is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even understand how you can't grasp this. You say the yanks are dirty. you say our championships are tainted. yet your team has had just as many scandals, so much in fact that employees were fired, positive tests were recieved, etc etc.....and youre like "meh...never happened".
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  8. #148928
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    NO...what both he and I are saying is that the double standard is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even understand how you can't grasp this. You say the yanks are dirty. you say our championships are tainted. yet your team has had just as many scandals, so much in fact that employees were fired, positive tests were recieved, etc etc.....and youre like "meh...never happened".
    I agree, plus this all came about with the Mitchell Report which is clearly bias towards the RedSox. The whole sport is tainted with PEDs, and it is baseball's fault. Singling out the Yankees is easy considering how many Championships they have, and the bias/general hatred that the rest of the baseball fans in general have against that franchise. Baseball is a joke, if you are a fan of the game but are upset over PEDs you should just walk away at this point, the damage has been done and it is irreparable.

  9. #148929
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,532
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG- View Post
    I agree, plus this all came about with the Mitchell Report which is clearly bias towards the RedSox. The whole sport is tainted with PEDs, and it is baseball's fault. Singling out the Yankees is easy considering how many Championships they have, and the bias/general hatred that the rest of the baseball fans in general have against that franchise. Baseball is a joke, if you are a fan of the game but are upset over PEDs you should just walk away at this point, the damage has been done and it is irreparable.
    Accurate. It's one of the main reasons I've lost most interest in baseball in the past decade. It's a soap opera, and politics. Sooooo lame! And yes, I realize it's easy to hate on the Yankees, it's pretty normal. MH is just a hypocrite like he is about most things. He's actually a Yankee traitor. A fan swapper. Treasonous. The worst kind of person in the world!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  10. #148930
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    ....and the layoffs begin...

    resume time
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts