Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    No, I'm completely serious. It should be known, though, that I'm Luck's biggest fanboy, and he's my favorite player in the entire league.
    You've GOT to be a Stanford fan, because that is the strangest claim I've ever heard.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Guys, I'm wondering who has the best checking account stuff?

Me and my girlfriend were thinking about dumping money per paycheck into it so we can start saving for some future stuff.
    DONT YOU DARE GET A ****ING JOINT ACCOUNT!!!!

One fight, and she'll clean that account out because she CAN. Don't fall for that ish...save separate
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post

One fight, and she'll clean that account out because she CAN. Don't fall for that ish...save separate
    That's what I might do, just tell her to have a separate account and put the money into the funds separately.

You've GOT to be a Stanford fan, because that is the strangest claim I've ever heard.
    No, I don't really like CFB. I've been a Luck fanboy, though, since Harbaugh was coaching him in Stanford.

It might be strange, but it'll be widely accepted (him being a perennial All-Pro QB) within the next few years.

Gotta agree with Pizzey on this. Don't get a joint account unless you are married.

That's a huge friggin mistake. You can save money without a joint account.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Fine, then I'll say it....I don't care about Andrew Luck. Not out division, not even our conference. I don't care about Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady...so why would I care about Luck? I DONT even think he's that great. The rookies that are thrown into the mix immediately DONT typically pan out. So few exceptions. Matt Ryan has turned into a decent QB....but even with awesome pieces that team comes up short all the time. So I wouldnt want Ryan either.
    Eh, you can keep Ryan. Rodgers is awesome, but I'd take Luck over him because in a couple years (if not sooner), Luck will surpass him, and Luck is 25% of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I remember seeing this live. Jumped out of my seat.

agreed. Dont do it moke. how long have u been with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We averaged 21 points per game in 2007. Its not terrible. But how good is it really. In 2011 our offense was better, but not that much.
    Our defense however held the highest scoring offense in NFL history to 14 points.
    They held Dallas and TB under 20.
    In 2011 they shut out Atlanta and held Aaron Rodgers to 6 points without the refs help. Not to mention holding Tom Brady under 20 points again.
    Those are all time great performances.
    Indeed, nothing pedestrian about them....I know how good the defense was both times. I dont understand why you feel you need to take away from Eli though. 07 he didnt throw an Int until the Superbowl, played well vs TB, Dallas and GB. In 11 Eli played great against ATL, Green Bay, got the **** kicked out of him in SF and still played ok(the same type of performance you praise Phil for), and made clutch play after clutch play in the sb, AGAIN. Im not an Eli cultist, I know hes nowhere near Peytons level, its irrelevant, but I will take Eli and his determination and grit over most of the "talented" QBs out there. We could have this argument until we are both blue in the face, but you lack respect when it comes to Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Gotta agree with Pizzey on this. Don't get a joint account unless you are married.

That's a huge friggin mistake. You can save money without a joint account.
    We will both be saving money and then I guess if we get married, we'll be pooling the money together... so yes...you're right.

How do I break it to her that I don't want a joint account?

Give me excuses so she doesn't say "OH YOU'RE SAYING WE WON'T BE TOGETHER?"