1. #150211
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,275
    And the guys? I know a ton of guys that want Drake, Jay-Z, etc.

  2. #150212
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I don't know man, especially the women...they care about these gay halftime shows.

    They wouldn't like Foo Fighters, Bon Jovi, etc.

    I'm talking about the women demographics.
    why are we catering to women? that's such a small portion of the demographic. and actually ONLY women would like bon jovi, because he sucks, and that's totally girl music.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  3. #150213
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    why are we catering to women? that's such a small portion of the demographic. and actually ONLY women would like bon jovi, because he sucks, and that's totally girl music.
    How do you know this is a small portion of the demographic?

    Come on dude, I 100% believe that women are huge viewers of the SB because of the commercials and the half-time show.

    You put the foo fighters or rock bands in there, and the viewers will go down...

  4. #150214
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    How do you know this is a small portion of the demographic?

    Come on dude, I 100% believe that women are huge viewers of the SB because of the commercials and the half-time show.

    You put the foo fighters or rock bands in there, and the viewers will go down...
    I dont think you understand how marketing works.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  5. #150215
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    I'm talking about football fans. not people who watch the superbowl because they love commercials for some reason. the ACTUAL program should not cater to non-football fans.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  6. #150216
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I dont think you understand how marketing works.
    Yes I do. Women/Men are both targeted to the SB, women not as much.

    But why do they keep letting these generic pop stars on the halftime show?

    To cater to the men who love football?

    Last time I checked, we love booze, rock stars, and women.

    We don't want Madonna or Beyonce, or Justin Bieber.

  7. #150217
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm talking about football fans. not people who watch the superbowl because they love commercials for some reason. the ACTUAL program should not cater to non-football fans.
    Okay LOL, but Madonna and Beyonce are not catering to the non-football fans?

  8. #150218
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,671
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm talking about football fans. not people who watch the superbowl because they love commercials for some reason. the ACTUAL program should not cater to non-football fans.
    with that comment, it seems like you don't understand how marketing works

  9. #150219
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    with that comment, it seems like you don't understand how marketing works
    It all depends on how you want to market. Do you cater to die hard football fans(who give hundreds of millions to the NFL), or do you cater to potential football fans? The NFL chooses the latter, I disagree.

  10. #150220
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    with that comment, it seems like you don't understand how marketing works
    it's an exploitation of the actual fans. They are ignoring the demographic, and attempting to pull a much smaller demographic. And for what? 15 mins of meaningless ratings?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts