1. #150241
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    It all depends on how you want to market. Do you cater to die hard football fans(who give hundreds of millions to the NFL), or do you cater to potential football fans? The NFL chooses the latter, I disagree.
    Yeah, and all these womanly rules and regulations that they implement.

  2. #150242
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,555
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    It all depends on how you want to market. Do you cater to die hard football fans(who give hundreds of millions to the NFL), or do you cater to potential football fans? The NFL chooses the latter, I disagree.
    lol exactly. funny that we posted at the same time.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  3. #150243
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    it's an exploitation of the actual fans. They are ignoring the demographic, and attempting to pull a much smaller demographic. And for what? 15 mins of meaningless ratings?
    Yes, I agree with you JP...but that's my problem with the halftime show...

  4. #150244
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,260
    Why does any real man care about the halftime entertainment at the SB?

    You guys should all argue about this at the hairdresser.

    Last week it was your favorite designers and colognes.

    I hate the friggin 21st century. You're all soft.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #150245
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why does any real man care about the halftime entertainment at the SB?

    You guys should all argue about this at the hairdresser.

    Last week it was your favorite designers and colognes.

    I hate the friggin 21st century. You're all soft.
    While I drink my beer and have my chips and dip, I like to listen to some good rock music/good performance over Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Madonna bullcrap.

  6. #150246
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,723
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    lol exactly. funny that we posted at the same time.
    You have to give your base what they want, but the NFL does the exact opposite. They change the rules, overcharge for ALL merchandise, tickets prices, food prices, ect and they get away with it too because people are willing to pay cause they love football so much. Lucky for them, they have a great product that everyone wants

  7. #150247
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why does any real man care about the halftime entertainment at the SB?

    You guys should all argue about this at the hairdresser.

    Last week it was your favorite designers and colognes.

    I hate the friggin 21st century. You're all soft.
    because SB42 was the only good halftime show i remember. i would just assume they'd want to have good entertainment for the biggest sporting even of the year.

    and because i like rock music?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  8. #150248
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    because SB42 was the only good halftime show i remember. i would just assume they'd want to have good entertainment for the biggest sporting even of the year.

    and because i like rock music?
    Exactly.... I love the show they put on, it's too bad the shows have been awful.

  9. #150249
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    While I drink my beer and have my chips and dip, I like to listen to some good rock music/good performance over Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Madonna bullcrap.
    Fine. But its the friggin Super Bowl!!!!

    The only ones who i care about possibly playing at the Super bowl are the New York Football Giants.

    This and last weeks conversation represent what's wrong with the world. We're all friggin doomed!!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #150250
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Fine. But its the friggin Super Bowl!!!!

    The only ones who i care about possibly playing at the Super bowl are the New York Football Giants.

    This and last weeks conversation represent what's wrong with the world. We're all friggin doomed!!
    Are you kidding me? Come on guy, we all love the SB, but at least have a good performance in the middle of the 2 halves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts