1. #150311
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Unfortunately its a selfish society. And everything we see in the media re-enforces that. No one wants to sacrifice anymore for the people around them. I guess I was lucky, I spent my life wanting to be like my Father. He was a great man.

    All we can do is try to be people that others want to be like. My daughter is 33 and I still makes decisions as if my daughter was watching....that helps.



    She wants me to pick on Pizz........Hahahaha!!!!
    I wouldn't know how to be opposite of my father. I feel like every day, I've been molded like him.. but I'm trying hard to break away from it.

  2. #150312
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I wouldn't know how to be opposite of my father. I feel like every day, I've been molded like him.. but I'm trying hard to break away from it.
    Well pick someone you love and respect and make every decision as if they are watching.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #150313
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well pick someone you love and respect and make every decision as if they are watching.
    Would it be weird if that was my girlfriend's father? I respect him, not really love him...

    Actually, I don't really know many people that I love and respect a lot.

    Maybe my grandfather...

  4. #150314
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    She wants me to pick on Pizz........Hahahaha!!!!
    lol, what?!?!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #150315
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Unfortunately its a selfish society. And everything we see in the media re-enforces that. No one wants to sacrifice anymore for the people around them. I guess I was lucky, I spent my life wanting to be like my Father. He was a great man.

    All we can do is try to be people that others want to be like. My daughter is 33 and I still makes decisions as if my daughter was watching....that helps.
    I think my father was always too busy trying to make ends meet that he sometimes forgot about his family was the reason he was trying to do that. I don't know if THAT'S what I hold against him, but the end result is what left me with some resentment toward him. He wasn't around, and when he was, he pretty much ignored us. My brothers are too young to really know what I'd be referring to.

    Of course if I ever said any of those things to him, he'd call me ungrateful....but my mother knows the truth, as would his father if he was still alive.

    luckily he and I get along for the most part these days. I love my dad, but....that's about where our relationship ends.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  6. #150316
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    It's too bad my mom can't stand me either. I don't think I like both of my parents because of their arguments all the time.

  7. #150317
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,889
    It's getting heavy in here.

  8. #150318
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,878
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I think my father was always too busy trying to make ends meet that he sometimes forgot about his family was the reason he was trying to do that. I don't know if THAT'S what I hold against him, but the end result is what left me with some resentment toward him. He wasn't around, and when he was, he pretty much ignored us. My brothers are too young to really know what I'd be referring to.

    Of course if I ever said any of those things to him, he'd call me ungrateful....but my mother knows the truth, as would his father if he was still alive.

    luckily he and I get along for the most part these days. I love my dad, but....that's about where our relationship ends.
    Trust me when I say this...I know I'm a pain in the ***...but this **** matters to me.
    All those little snarky comments I make come from this.
    Parents these days generally suck. They key is for future parents to understand how that behavior effected them....and to be determined not to repeat the same mistakes.
    And "cool" parents....are the worst of all.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #150319
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You got it goin' on Rudy.
    Honestly, I love my father more than anyone in the world. He would do ANYTHING for his family.

  10. #150320
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,157
    And my mom too. Both my parents. I wish people cared about their children more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts