1. #152471
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,181
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    you know what I've wanted changes here for quite some... "****ing years" I'm tired of being pissed off....I want changes to this coaching staff plain and simple...I'm tired of all the **** that comes and gos with TC and company I'm very grateful for the 2 SB's but the rest of the **** not thanks ...This is one stubborn to the point of stupid staff......they are wasting talent because they don't know how to coach anything other than their system...
    I don't give a **** where Eli stands in it all......You've all heard me say this stuff before .....Time for the three stooges to go.....hows that.......I'm pissed off plenty
    That's better.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  2. #152472
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I love you friggin guys.
    Our ****ing team is 0-6. THAT'S ****ING 0-6!!!!!!!

    I am pissed off. The fact that you guys don't seem to be is ridiculous.
    Our boy throws three picks in the 4th quarter of a game, then says the next day that he's "playing well".....and that DOESN'T piss you guys off?????

    I just don't get it.
    first off....I don't really get PISSED off over sports. Yea, I'm really disappointed with the way this season is turning out. But what it comes down to is that WORDS dont change anything. I dont care if Eli thinks he's having a HOF year. Clearly he isn't. The team knows that there is waaaaay too many things going wrong. I really have never been too excited about the way we run our offense. I watch other games, and there are SO many plays that get like 10 yards a pop, and im like "why dont WE ever run that play?!?!"

    I think this offseason is going to result in a change of coordinators. there's gotta be SOMETHING....i dont think it's fewell's fault that we have a lack of pass rush, or the worst LBs corp in the league...but, we're in no position to win right now. so might as well start over with them.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  3. #152473
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    But that's all I'm saying.
    He needs to play better. It would be nice if he thought so too. Do you think he does?
    His play suggests otherwise.
    I don't put much stock in what's being said in public - especially from Eli. It's the same canned answer every time. But for me, what makes it worse is that he's a stone. The dude has no emotion. Our team is lost. We have no identity. We used to have that when Eli was Eli. We knew that if the game was close, we had Mr. Clutch to help save it for us. We had big play ability. We lost all of that. We need someone to step up and take the reigns. It would be nice if Eli actually did something in that regard for once. When you lead by example, and you're not performing, what do you have? Nothing.

    As outsiders, all we can do is speculate. Is he a leader? Is he not a leader? I don't know. But what is fact is that if we're to turn this thing around, it begins with Eli. If he's going to lead by example, play freaking better. If you're not going to play better, find some other way to contribute. Pretty much everyone has had something to say about this team - whether it's now white noise or not. Tuck, Rolle, hell even Beason. Eli hasn't said a damn word outside of what is politically correct.

    I'm not saying he's not a leader. But I hope he's doing something behind the scenes.

  4. #152474
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I love you friggin guys.
    Our ****ing team is 0-6. THAT'S ****ING 0-6!!!!!!!

    I am pissed off. The fact that you guys don't seem to be is ridiculous.
    Our boy throws three picks in the 4th quarter of a game, then says the next day that he's "playing well".....and that DOESN'T piss you guys off?????

    I just don't get it.
    Hey watch your language!

    Hes said he has to play better MH. What else do you want from the guy? You want Nassib or Painter to start? Weve been a top 10 offense for a few years, now unfortunately theyve hit a wall. Besides the Panthers game, its not like they arent trying and busting their *****. Thats really the only game that pissed me off, bad, really bad.

    To quote one of you favorite historical figures "When a man tries his best, what else is there?". Its just not our year man

  5. #152475
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I love you friggin guys.
    Our ****ing team is 0-6. THAT'S ****ING 0-6!!!!!!!

    I am pissed off. The fact that you guys don't seem to be is ridiculous.
    Our boy throws three picks in the 4th quarter of a game, then says the next day that he's "playing well".....and that DOESN'T piss you guys off?????

    I just don't get it.
    From my perspective I place more of the blame on Gilbride and Reese then anyone else...I've been angry at Gilbride since he started coaching here...he's been terrible for his entire career here in my opinion, Reese had some unbelievable drafts early and then became god around here (In Reese we trust?) I never was "that" high on him although I can't deny those early drafts his last few he's just ignored our O-line and some other weaknesses that should have been addressed.

    on Eli, I'm not mad at Eli...Eli throws int's always has, he tries to do too much but that said there is still no other QB I'd rather have in a clutch situation, when he is on he is money and those Int's are TD's instead and he can single handedly win games for us...he has 2 SB MVP's and I don't know if you know or not but the way most teams rate QB's nowadays is whether they have the ability to take a team to and win a SB...well Eli does...he's done it and he wasnt just "along for the ride" he was a HUGE portion of why we won both SB's

    so am I angry at the giants performance...yeah a little, but the persons responsible for this **** (in my opinion) are the same people that I've been angry at for 5-6+ years even while we were winning SB's...Gilbride sucks has always sucked and Eli just isn't bailing him out this year.

  6. #152476
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,181
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    first off....I don't really get PISSED off over sports. Yea, I'm really disappointed with the way this season is turning out. But what it comes down to is that WORDS dont change anything. I dont care if Eli thinks he's having a HOF year. Clearly he isn't. The team knows that there is waaaaay too many things going wrong. I really have never been too excited about the way we run our offense. I watch other games, and there are SO many plays that get like 10 yards a pop, and im like "why dont WE ever run that play?!?!"

    I think this offseason is going to result in a change of coordinators. there's gotta be SOMETHING....i dont think it's fewell's fault that we have a lack of pass rush, or the worst LBs corp in the league...but, we're in no position to win right now. so might as well start over with them.
    Do you honestly think TC is going to fire both coordinators. As I said, he had to be threatened by Mr. Mara just to fire Bill Sheridan.
    The only way we will get new coordinators is by getting a new HC.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  7. #152477
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,181
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    From my perspective I place more of the blame on Gilbride and Reese then anyone else...I've been angry at Gilbride since he started coaching here...he's been terrible for his entire career here in my opinion, Reese had some unbelievable drafts early and then became god around here (In Reese we trust?) I never was "that" high on him although I can't deny those early drafts his last few he's just ignored our O-line and some other weaknesses that should have been addressed.

    on Eli, I'm not mad at Eli...Eli throws int's always has, he tries to do too much but that said there is still no other QB I'd rather have in a clutch situation, when he is on he is money and those Int's are TD's instead and he can single handedly win games for us...he has 2 SB MVP's and I don't know if you know or not but the way most teams rate QB's nowadays is whether they have the ability to take a team to and win a SB...well Eli does...he's done it and he wasnt just "along for the ride" he was a HUGE portion of why we won both SB's

    so am I angry at the giants performance...yeah a little, but the persons responsible for this **** (in my opinion) are the same people that I've been angry at for 5-6+ years even while we were winning SB's...Gilbride sucks has always sucked and Eli just isn't bailing him out this year.
    You're angry at KG and JR but not at the player who's had more turnovers than any TEAM in the league.

    What does this tell you about yourself? Might as well call you Daven420.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  8. #152478
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    From my perspective I place more of the blame on Gilbride and Reese then anyone else...I've been angry at Gilbride since he started coaching here...he's been terrible for his entire career here in my opinion, Reese had some unbelievable drafts early and then became god around here (In Reese we trust?) I never was "that" high on him although I can't deny those early drafts his last few he's just ignored our O-line and some other weaknesses that should have been addressed.

    on Eli, I'm not mad at Eli...Eli throws int's always has, he tries to do too much but that said there is still no other QB I'd rather have in a clutch situation, when he is on he is money and those Int's are TD's instead and he can single handedly win games for us...he has 2 SB MVP's and I don't know if you know or not but the way most teams rate QB's nowadays is whether they have the ability to take a team to and win a SB...well Eli does...he's done it and he wasnt just "along for the ride" he was a HUGE portion of why we won both SB's

    so am I angry at the giants performance...yeah a little, but the persons responsible for this **** (in my opinion) are the same people that I've been angry at for 5-6+ years even while we were winning SB's...Gilbride sucks has always sucked and Eli just isn't bailing him out this year.
    Here's what worries me. Eli hasn't been clutch this year. What if he's lost it? A non clutch Eli is pretty pedestrian. A non clutch Eli is NOT worth 20 million salary cap space.

  9. #152479
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    From my perspective I place more of the blame on Gilbride and Reese then anyone else...I've been angry at Gilbride since he started coaching here...he's been terrible for his entire career here in my opinion, Reese had some unbelievable drafts early and then became god around here (In Reese we trust?) I never was "that" high on him although I can't deny those early drafts his last few he's just ignored our O-line and some other weaknesses that should have been addressed.

    on Eli, I'm not mad at Eli...Eli throws int's always has, he tries to do too much but that said there is still no other QB I'd rather have in a clutch situation, when he is on he is money and those Int's are TD's instead and he can single handedly win games for us...he has 2 SB MVP's and I don't know if you know or not but the way most teams rate QB's nowadays is whether they have the ability to take a team to and win a SB...well Eli does...he's done it and he wasnt just "along for the ride" he was a HUGE portion of why we won both SB's

    so am I angry at the giants performance...yeah a little, but the persons responsible for this **** (in my opinion) are the same people that I've been angry at for 5-6+ years even while we were winning SB's...Gilbride sucks has always sucked and Eli just isn't bailing him out this year.
    Well said....

    Who were they rumoring a possible OC replacement last week? i forget...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  10. #152480
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,181
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Well said....

    Who were they rumoring a possible OC replacement last week? i forget...
    And another thing about TC staying. If he does....even if they convince him to fire both coordinators, we can only draw from position coaches and no current coordinators.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts