Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I don't put much stock in what's being said in public - especially from Eli. It's the same canned answer every time. But for me, what makes it worse is that he's a stone. The dude has no emotion. Our team is lost. We have no identity. We used to have that when Eli was Eli. We knew that if the game was close, we had Mr. Clutch to help save it for us. We had big play ability. We lost all of that. We need someone to step up and take the reigns. It would be nice if Eli actually did something in that regard for once. When you lead by example, and you're not performing, what do you have? Nothing.

As outsiders, all we can do is speculate. Is he a leader? Is he not a leader? I don't know. But what is fact is that if we're to turn this thing around, it begins with Eli. If he's going to lead by example, play freaking better. If you're not going to play better, find some other way to contribute. Pretty much everyone has had something to say about this team - whether it's now white noise or not. Tuck, Rolle, hell even Beason. Eli hasn't said a damn word outside of what is politically correct.

I'm not saying he's not a leader. But I hope he's doing something behind the scenes.
    There was one presser this week where Eli look very frustrated and emotional. Ill see if I can find it. But really, Eli's personality and leadership skills are never called into question when were winning.
    Tuck and Rolle talk more bull**** than the women on the View. Every week Rolle says we need to get mean or some crap. Then the first play they get gashed for hes the first one to slap the opposing player helmet or butt like hes on our ****ing team. THAT, pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    And another thing about TC staying. If he does....even if they convince him to fire both coordinators, we can only draw from position coaches and no current coordinators.
    All coordinators were position coaches at some time....

Do you honestly think TC is going to fire both coordinators. As I said, he had to be threatened by Mr. Mara just to fire Bill Sheridan.
    The only way we will get new coordinators is by getting a new HC.
    WELL.....if that's what it comes down to, sounds like TC has to make a decision....if it takes ownership threatening HIS job to make the right decision, so be it. if Mara said "Listen, we want you to stay, but coordinators are gone. what say you?" I'd hope Coughlin is smart enough to realize that by walking away(or accepting being fired), it would tarnish his image a lot as somoene who wouldn't change. I'm not sure how he'd take it...but...he's gotta realize this isn't working lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

And another thing about TC staying. If he does....even if they convince him to fire both coordinators, we can only draw from position coaches and no current coordinators.
    well, i know there were talks of Spags at DC again...but who knows...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    well, i know there were talks of Spags at DC again...but who knows...
    It might sound crazy, but I wouldn't mind this. I'm living in the past, but anytime you can make it work with Michael Johnson, Kevin Butler, Dockery, an old Sammy Knight, Danny Clark, No Strahan, No Osi (I think), and whoever the heck was playing weakside, you might do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    It might sound crazy, but I wouldn't mind this. I'm living in the past, but anytime you can make it work with Michael Johnson, Kevin Butler, Dockery, an old Sammy Knight, Danny Clark, No Strahan, No Osi (I think), and whoever the heck was playing weakside, you might do ok.
    He should of never left.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    There was one presser this week where Eli look very frustrated and emotional. Ill see if I can find it. But really, Eli's personality and leadership skills are never called into question when were winning.
    Tuck and Rolle talk more bull**** than the women on the View. Every week Rolle says we need to get mean or some crap. Then the first play they get gashed for hes the first one to slap the opposing player helmet or butt like hes on our ****ing team. THAT, pisses me off.
    That made me feel better actually. Winning cures everything.

He should of never left.
    I know WHY he did....but, i bet he kicks himself in the *** in retrospect.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Michael Strahan: The Football Life is on NFL network tonight

Michael Strahan: The Football Life is on NFL network tonight
    I dont even know if my new place has NFLN....is that bad? lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant