Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If you want to blame JR for giving us this crap O line I completely agree.
    But I am not blaming JR, KG, TC or anyone other than Eli for some of the crap decisions he's made. Many of which have been daggers for our chances of winning games.
    So, you admit that we don't have the tools to win.....but are still fine putting all the blame for the offense on Eli....you realize how crazy that is, right?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    I don't know why you guys can't see what Eli is.
    Yes he's a good QB. But he needs things to be just so. He needs a good O line. He needs a good WR corps. And he needs a defense to cover for him when he throws bad picks.
    So...give Eli plenty of time to throw and give him guys who get open and he can make the throws. And add the fact that he's shown a lot of clutch play. But he has problems coping when things go bad. He loses confidence and starts making bonehead plays.
    "Eli" doesn't particularly need those things Morehead...Gilbrides scheme does...when you run a playaction option based offense the QB (whoever he is) needs time and needs WR's that can get open.

when the QB in Gilbrides offense doesn't have that no matter who the QB is (it could be Peyton for all I care) the offense will fail.

that said when the offense is failing it's definetly very Eli-like to throw a ton of interceptions...Eli doesn't lose confidence the thing is Eli doesn't give up and doesn't care about his stats...when the offensive scheme isn't working he tries to force things...which ends up in interceptions and that's what's going on now, but if Gilbride ran a offensive scheme geared towards the players we have Eli wouldn't feel the need to force things..or equally if JR would have gone out and gotten us players capable of running Gilbride's offensive scheme then again eli wouldn't feel the need to force things.

is Eli wrong for forcing passes? YES, but the reason he is forcing passes is because the offense is not working, the reason the offense is not working is because we don't have the players to run gilbrides offense and gilbride refuses to change his offense to fit his players.

All-Pro
    If you want to blame JR for giving us this crap O line I completely agree.
    But I am not blaming JR, KG, TC or anyone other than Eli for some of the crap decisions he's made. Many of which have been daggers for our chances of winning games.
    Eli forces passes when the offense isn't working.

he's wrong for doing that but everyone in this organization and most fans already knew that...so whose at fault? Eli for forcing the passes or the organization for putting him into a situation that they KNEW would make him force passes.

Every qb who has been in Gilbrides system was/is prone to throwing ints.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    So, you admit that we don't have the tools to win.....but are still fine putting all the blame for the offense on Eli....you realize how crazy that is, right?
    I'm not putting the blame on Eli. I'm saying that Eli is playing like **** and he is responsible for it.
    Plenty of blame for our team being 0-6 to go around. But he's been as bad as anyone so far.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    So I can add you along with Scrappy for the "its never Eli's fault" list.

Ironically.....you both sound like friggin Democrats.
    Get well soon 80.

We have plenty of tools not to be 0-6.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    FACT!!!! Kevin Gilbride's offenses average 19.4 INTs per year. That's a 20 year sample. haha
    Oderint Dum Metuant

So I can add you along with Scrappy for the "its never Eli's fault" list.

Ironically.....you both sound like friggin Democrats.
    Both of us have said that he shoulders some of the blame. But we arent on a witch hunt like some elitests amongst us.
    Youre the only loony lib in here, ignoring facts, making outlandish statments and getting "pissed off" because youre not getting your way.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

FACT!!!! Kevin Gilbride's offenses average 19.4 INTs per year. That's a 20 year sample. haha
    Half of that was in the Run and Shoot.
    Get well soon 80.