+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Not sure what you're suggesting.
    He was worth the pick. What other first rounder is playing at his level and was also a team need?

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    He was worth the pick. What other first rounder is playing at his level and was also a team need?
    No he wasn't. He's a second round value at best. Plenty of tackles later in the draft with his upside. The Packers have a 4th round pick from this same draft starting at LT.
    If you're picking an O lineman in round 1, he better be a LT or a freak at RT or the interior.
    It was just a dumb pick.
    We passed on X Rhodes or Trufant for a potentially "solid" RT in round 1....Bad drafting.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

No he wasn't. He's a second round value at best. Plenty of tackles later in the draft with his upside. The Packers have a 4th round pick from this same draft starting at LT.
    If you're picking an O lineman in round 1, he better be a LT or a freak at RT or the interior.
    It was just a dumb pick.
    We passed on X Rhodes or Trufant for a potentially "solid" RT in round 1....Bad drafting.
    You mean the guy thats given up 4 sacks. 11 hurries, ranked 27th (out of starting left tackles) in pass blocking, 30th in run blocking, 5 penalties, Ranked 30th over all? What has Trufant done? Atlantas defense sucks.

Fact is Pugh has been more than a potentially solid pick on an anemic oline, the same oline you criticize all the time. We would be royally ****ed with out him.

You mean the guy thats given up 4 sacks. 11 hurries, ranked 27th (out of starting left tackles) in pass blocking, 30th in run blocking, 5 penalties, Ranked 30th over all? What has Trufant done? Atlantas defense sucks.

Fact is Pugh has been more than a potentially solid pick on an anemic oline, the same oline you criticize all the time. We would be royally ****ed with out him.
    I hate agreeing with Dezz....butttttt......yeeeeaaaa....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I know you don't follow football so let give you a little info. Bakhtiari is playing left tackle. Thus he's going up against the best pass rushers on the opposing defenses.

And I love your logic that since Atlanta's defense stinks, Trufant must suck. How's our offense? How's our O line in general this season?
    Good one De.

The problem with Pugh is that he has a low ceiling. He has good fundamentals which means he is more apt to be able to play at a functional level early on. But he is what he is. As I said, he's a second round talent which means he should be able to be a solid RT. If you are drafting a right tackle in round one, he better be a friggin beast. I mean a friggin mauler.

And you also crack me up with this. You have been whining about our defense for years and you seem OK with passing on highly rated talent at corner and OLB to get a "decent" right tackle........You have no more letters for me to take,...but if you did........

My beef wth JR was his failure to deal with the O line in free agency. This was an immediate need. And I've been complaining about it since free agency started in March. I think the miserable performance of our O line and its impact on our team validates my position on this.

Veteran
    The diehl cultists are back. No matter how poorly he plays, he magically makes everyone else better.

I know you don't follow football so let give you a little info. Bakhtiari is playing left tackle. Thus he's going up against the best pass rushers on the opposing defenses.

And I love your logic that since Atlanta's defense stinks, Trufant must suck. How's our offense? How's our O line in general this season?
    Good one De.

The problem with Pugh is that he has a low ceiling. He has good fundamentals which means he is more apt to be able to play at a functional level early on. But he is what he is. As I said, he's a second round talent which means he should be able to be a solid RT. If you are drafting a right tackle in round one, he better be a friggin beast. I mean a friggin mauler.

And you also crack me up with this. You have been whining about our defense for years and you seem OK with passing on highly rated talent at corner and OLB to get a "decent" right tackle........You have no more letters for me to take,...but if you did........

My beef wth JR was his failure to deal with the O line in free agency. This was an immediate need. And I've been complaining about it since free agency started in March. I think the miserable performance of our O line and its impact on our team validates my position on this.
    This whole post is jibba jabba. You sound like Warren Sapp whining " the best dlinemen ALWAYS go against the left tackle". We didnt need a LT MH, we just paid Beatty. We needed a right tackle.

Atlantas coaches are saying "hes still adjusting to the NFL, the speed of the game". Not exactly high praises.
    The reason Id pass on a corner is because the offense has carried them since Perrys got here.
    Your whole post is based on assumption, and you were wrong. The kid looks great.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 10-29-2013 at 11:06 AM.

This whole post is jibba jabba. You sound like Warren Sapp whining " the best dlinemen ALWAYS go against the left tackle". We didnt need a LT MH, we just paid Beatty. We needed a right tackle.

Atlantas coaches are saying "hes still adjusting to the NFL, the speed of the game".
    The reason Id pass on a corner is because the offense has carried them since Perrys got here.
    Your whole post is based on assumption, and you were wrong. The kid looks great.
    "Looks great"?...Come on De...now you sound like 420.
    While the O line has improved their play in the past 4 weeks, they are still struggling. No one looks great.

And corner is probably the most difficult position to learn as a rookie. Darrell Green and Everson Walls were getting burned their rookie season. That's not the case with Trufant.
    Also Ogeltree is playing great in St. Louis. We took a RT with a low ceiling and passed on superior talent in other important and needed positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    The diehl cultists are back. No matter how poorly he plays, he magically makes everyone else better.
    I'm a DD cultist and proud of it!!!

Good one De.

low ceiling - assumption
    good fundamentals - fact
    2nd round talent - assumption

you make it sound like what we're seeing RIGHT NOW is the best we're ever going to see out of him. Which is kind of crazy, because if a player comes in as a rookie, and plays well, chances are, he's going to get better even still, AND havea higher ceiling....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread