Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Hes got a meeting with the Mets today.
    The Mets?? Is Wilpon going to order from the kids menu?
    This is a strategic move from Cano's people to get the Yankees to pony up as much money as they can.
    He already turned down an offer reportedly 6 years $170+ million from the Yankees.
    The Yankees need Cano and Cano needs the Yankees. Both parties will come to an agreement after the new year.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Hes got a meeting with the Mets today.
    LMAO

that's the funniest **** i've heard this week
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    This is a strategic move from Cano's people to get the Yankees to pony up as much money as they can.
    He already turned down an offer reportedly 6 years $170+ million from the Yankees.
    The Yankees need Cano and Cano needs the Yankees. Both parties will come to an agreement after the new year.
    agreed. like i said...if you really use Can's ACTUAL value as one of the best in the game...the Yankees are the only ones with the money.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Hows it going NY? Yanks can get by without Cano. They need SP more than anything.

So awesome, Beason was a good addition to this team

Hows it going NY? Yanks can get by without Cano. They need SP more than anything.
    Doing good, how bout yourself? The Yankees need starting pitching bad. All the rumors are they are going after Tanaka from Japan. I'm always skeptical about those pitchers overseas I wouldn't mind the Yankees giving Bronson Arroyo a look at, guy always gets innings every year and has pitched in big markets. We need a catcher too...
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    agreed. like i said...if you really use Can's ACTUAL value as one of the best in the game...the Yankees are the only ones with the money.
    The Only other franchise that would consider paying him is the Dodgers, outside of them no other team is signing Cano not named the Yankees.
    I just don't want the Yankees to give him anything more than a 6 year deal, we would get a good 4-5 years of top play from Cano and the last year hope he still has it at 37.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    So awesome, Beason was a good addition to this team
    It was good thinking

Doing good, how bout yourself? The Yankees need starting pitching bad. All the rumors are they are going after Tanaka from Japan. I'm always skeptical about those pitchers overseas I wouldn't mind the Yankees giving Bronson Arroyo a look at, guy always gets innings every year and has pitched in big markets. We need a catcher too...

The Only other franchise that would consider paying him is the Dodgers, outside of them no other team is signing Cano not named the Yankees.
    I just don't want the Yankees to give him anything more than a 6 year deal, we would get a good 4-5 years of top play from Cano and the last year hope he still has it at 37.
    Free agency for pitching sucks this year. Tanaka is clearly the best option as he's young. I also like Garza, if he comes cheap. Servicable numbers from him on a bad team. Kuroda was VERY good for us, but heee ooooold!! or else I woulda kept him. The other options this year are ****.Ervin Santana? Jiminez?
    And I disagree about Aroyo. He's a career of inconsistencies.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

If the Yankees did indeed offer 6 years for $170MM, that is more than he would get anywhere else.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Free agency for pitching sucks this year. Tanaka is clearly the best option as he's young. I also like Garza, if he comes cheap. Servicable numbers from him on a bad team. Kuroda was VERY good for us, but heee ooooold!! or else I woulda kept him. The other options this year are ****.Ervin Santana? Jiminez?
    And I disagree about Aroyo. He's a career of inconsistencies.
    Since 2004 he has pitched over 200 innings 8 times. We need an innings eater, and Garza is a head case. Guy has all the tools to be a good pitcher, but it seems every season he under performs.
    Kuroda was great for us, his win total this season doesn't show how great he pitched for us. Most of his games the Yankees gave him no run support or the bullpen blew the lead.