Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I was in grammar school 4 or 5 grade they had us all assembled in the cafeteria watching as the motorcade made it way through dallas...We say i happen live teachers started crying and they sent us home...the man was loved by many......There are really no works to explain what I think and feel about such insane brutal ****......I'm not sure I care to even remember those times
    I guess the only darker time in the last hundred years or so was 9/11.
    I suppose nothing compares to that. But the JFK assassination effected everyone.
    Hard to imagine that they played football that weekend in the NFL.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I was in grammar school 4 or 5 grade, they had us all assembled in the cafeteria watching as the motorcade made its way through dallas...We saw it happen live, teachers started crying and they sent us home...the man was loved by many......There are really no works to explain what I think and feel about such insane brutal ****......I'm not sure I care to even remember those times
    question:

Why was there a need to watch a random "parade" of the president driving though dallas on tv?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    question:

Why was there a need to watch a random "parade" of the president driving though dallas on tv?
    Idk JP..... All I know is that he was very popular My mother had pictures of him hanging up I remember her crying, kids were crying at school that day.... I was old enough to remember how it affected the people around me... Jack Ruby shooting Oswell, the funeral all that stuff was highly televised as it would be today....Hell I was 11 years old but I can still see myself sitting in that cafeteria.....I guess up to that point I didn't know such things happened in the world/life..... Whenever they do a story on JFK it take me right back ...Like most of us know exactly what we were doing the day of 9/11....Idk

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My memory of the Bobby Kennedy assassination is really clear. It happened on a Wednesday morning (at least when it was reported) and our neighbor called my Mother about it. She scrambled to the TV to turn it on, muttering that it was the only day she didn't have the Today show on. It was June 5th, 1968.

On Sunday, we went to a bat day doubleheader at Yankee Stadium and sat behind a pole that said "Sec 51".
    Stan Bahnsen won game one (I think 7-2) and Bill Barber (at least I remember his last name was Barber) won game 2,...3-2.
    I got a Tom Tresh 29" bat and both my brothers got Steve Whittaker bats.
    We weren't sure they would play because it was the official day of mourning in NY. (Bobby Kennedy was actually a Senator from NY)

How's that for memory.

Pretty impressive. Meanwhile I can't remember what I had for breakfast.

It's weird that although they were both killed in the same year I have a vivid memory of one (MLK) and almost no recollection of the other (Bobby Kennedy).

Trying not to sound whiny with this....but, losing to a FG as the clock runs down is pretty much the most boring way to lose a game I can think of.

So depressing...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    That was me in my living room all night.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    That was me in my living room all night.
    Now there will be nothing to talk about EXCEPT video games.

Uggh........

Our team stinks.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Now there will be nothing to talk about EXCEPT video games.

Uggh........

Our team stinks.
    we do stink. the only bright side in this season is that some of our young players are going to be good. our secondary was doing well until McBride got hurt.....then Dallas was eyeing Rolle the rest of that quarter. Knew it was downhill after that.

Idk...I guess we can discuss the good parts for next season
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Ok, hypothetical question:

Let's say we dont have Nicks next season.....

Do we try to GET another WR? Do we draft one? Sign one?

I'm not overly confident with our options right now. Though I'm glad Myers decided to finally start playing with the team -___-
    Oderint Dum Metuant