1. #154221
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    After 34 years in sales...I can tell that this is the most naive misguided comment I have ever read.
    ok. I never claimed it was easy.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 12-05-2013 at 12:38 PM.

  2. #154222
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,370
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    ok. I never claimed it was easy.
    Sales is about personal relationships. Its about having customers who want you to succeed. Its about their trust that you want the same for them.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #154223
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Sales is about personal relationships. Its about having customers who want you to succeed. Its about their trust that you want the same for them.
    I agree with the first and last part. I always sell myself while Im selling a product but having a decent product is huge. Many of our customers are recommended by other people weve done work for because we have good products and Im awesome and so is my father.

    But I never go into a store and think, " Man I really want this company to do well and make money."
    Last edited by dezzzR; 12-05-2013 at 01:08 PM.

  4. #154224
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,099
    Disregard Females, acquire currency.

    the only 2 things you need to do to make some $
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #154225
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,370
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I agree with the first and last part. I always sell myself while Im selling a product but having a decent product is huge. Many of our customers are recommended by friends because we have good products and Im awesome and so is my father.

    But I never go into a store and think, " Man I really want this company to do well and make money."
    Well its a little different than that. But you should. When they do well..you can do well.
    You have to show them how doing business with you will help them make money. That's how long term relationships work in business.
    If they believe you are looking out for their interests, you will be successful.
    You have to almost be an extended employee of your customer's business.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #154226
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,099
    When I worked sales, i just did it for the money, i knew it wasn't going to last....and i knew that the company I worked for was eventually going to collapse because their business model was such ****. I worked for no wage, just commission, and was a total scumbag....sharking sales from coworkers, selling **** nobody needs.....

    And I was right in doing so, because 2 years into it, the company got rid of their commissioned positions, laid off all those who worked on that pay structure, went to hourly only, and 2 years later, they went out of business.

    You may have heard of them? Circuit City?
    lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #154227
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,370
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    When I worked sales, i just did it for the money, i knew it wasn't going to last....and i knew that the company I worked for was eventually going to collapse because their business model was such ****. I worked for no wage, just commission, and was a total scumbag....sharking sales from coworkers, selling **** nobody needs.....

    And I was right in doing so, because 2 years into it, the company got rid of their commissioned positions, laid off all those who worked on that pay structure, went to hourly only, and 2 years later, they went out of business.

    You may have heard of them? Circuit City?
    lol
    Consumer sales is a different animal.
    I'm talking about business to business.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #154228
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Consumer sales is a different animal.
    I'm talking about business to business.
    indeeeeeeed
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  9. #154229
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,392
    Ron Burgundy and Chip will be hosting ESPN Sportscenter tonight at 6

  10. #154230
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,392
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    When I worked sales, i just did it for the money, i knew it wasn't going to last....and i knew that the company I worked for was eventually going to collapse because their business model was such ****. I worked for no wage, just commission, and was a total scumbag....sharking sales from coworkers, selling **** nobody needs.....

    And I was right in doing so, because 2 years into it, the company got rid of their commissioned positions, laid off all those who worked on that pay structure, went to hourly only, and 2 years later, they went out of business.

    You may have heard of them? Circuit City?
    lol
    That blows. Its madness. I know a guy who worked for Volvo(he now works for Mercedez) and if he didnt make a sale the whole week he was bringing home less than 100 bucks. Thats tough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts