Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Im worried about Gardner.
    in what respect? being a trade chip? yea i guess that's a concern. despite being a fan favorite, he's really underperformed every season. 2012 started off great if it werent for that seasn ending injury. might have been his best season. A guy like him needs an OBP of like .380 or so to be effective.
    he needs to up his avg about 15 pts or else he's not helping too much
    Oderint Dum Metuant

You're a shrink telling me to deal with it? haha
    Its probably not a good idea to dig any deeper into my mind anyway.
    It's true....that's where he buries the hookers.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    in what respect? being a trade chip? yea i guess that's a concern. despite being a fan favorite, he's really underperformed every season. 2012 started off great if it werent for that seasn ending injury. might have been his best season. A guy like him needs an OBP of like .380 or so to be effective.
    he needs to up his avg about 15 pts or else he's not helping too much
    Yea being a trading chip.
    gardner is what he is. Hes not going to bat .300 and the Yanks dont need him too. Hes a solid role player. We need more like him.

Yea being a trading chip.
    gardner is what he is. Hes not going to bat .300 and the Yanks dont need him too. Hes a solid role player. We need more like him.
    he will likely get relegated to the end of the lineup, which could possibly help him, imo. I wonder if a healthy Jeter stays at the 2spot.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

A Mets fan from the Bronx?? HA!
    Granderson will be a good addition.
    We're the Jets of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Lol

I'm in a band too.
    We could form our own Silver String Submarine Band!

Regarding Eli.

I know I come off like a homer on tagf, but I don't believe I really am. I don't think he's the root of the problem, but he's a huge part of it. The top 4 QBs find ways to win even when their team is in disarray. He's not doing that, in fact, he's making it worse. You can't look past that.

That said, there's so many issues with this team, singling him out is ludicrous. As far as tagf is concerned, I just like fighting with the haters because their arguments are so idiotic. I guess it's the opposite of what Morehead does with the homers. They' re almost the same really; they're like democrats and republicans, different morons of the same stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Regarding Eli.

I know I come off like a homer on tagf, but I don't believe I really am. I don't think he's the root of the problem, but he's a huge part of it. The top 4 QBs find ways to win even when their team is in disarray. He's not doing that, in fact, he's making it worse. You can't look past that.

That said, there's so many issues with this team, singling him out is ludicrous. As far as tagf is concerned, I just like fighting with the haters because their arguments are so idiotic. I guess it's the opposite of what Morehead does with the homers. They' re almost the same really; they're like democrats and republicans, different morons of the same stripe.
    I agree entirely. He's not playing good football obviously, and I dont think anyone would say he is. It's about the offense as an entire unit just not getting ANYTHING done together. From the o-line to to the WRs, and obviously the QB. Watching the Giants offense currently is like picking up your coffee mug in the AM and having it crumble in your hand and the coffee spills all over the ground. Except in this case, it's the football on the ground(or in an opposing LBs hands lolololol)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Regarding Eli.

Its time to take long hard look at our QB.
    There is one starting QB in the NFL with a worse passer rating.....Geno Smith. There are 10 or more backups who have had significant playing time who have better ratings. He has been flat horrible.

If you use the example of Ryan Tannehill....He has a worse O line, worse running game and worse WR's than Eli. He has more yards, more TD's, and many fewer Int's. He is playing significantly better than Eli with far less to work with. He's been sacked 48 times for God's sake. His O line is a nightmare.

Our guy is playing flat awful. The real question is whether this is a trend or an aberration. This started last season. The last half of last year was bad as well. Maybe not this bad...but still bad. The only exception was the Philly game where they never showed up at the stadium in a meaningless game.

At what point are we concerned? At what point do we stop blaming everyone else for this when other, less experienced QB's are doing far more with less?

You all can call me every name in the book...but tell me how I'm wrong about his play.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I think that you KNOW he has the ability to win games....I think we're all pretty spoiled, and it makes people like you flip out a lot easier.

There's not been much of anything to be happy about this season aside from how I think Andre Brown is a big part of our offense, and that some of our defensive players have shown life....

but watching the offense is putrid....what youre saying about Tannehill is accurate. he's done a pretty good job, gotta admit...BUT, you cant say that Eli wouldn't be doing INSANELY better if he got the time and protection he used to. He ****ing got sacked on the snap the other day, like are you ****ing kidding me, o-line??
    Oderint Dum Metuant