1. #154381
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,341
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    how to catch a football 101

    http://www.wikihow.com/Catch-a-Football
    lmao....Byron is hilaaaarioussss!!

    Funny thing....that first picture, the ball is CLEARLY over his head. must have been a terrible pass from Eli Manning....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  2. #154382
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,542
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    how to catch a football 101

    http://www.wikihow.com/Catch-a-Football
    Thaaaank you B

    How its going man, hows work?

  3. #154383
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,542
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    lmao....Byron is hilaaaarioussss!!

    Funny thing....that first picture, the ball is CLEARLY over his head. must have been a terrible pass from Eli Manning....
    lmao

  4. #154384
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,976
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm just going to say what I said yesterday......

    I'm really tired of hearing "You HAVE to catch those kinds of passes" coming from my TV speakers week-in & week-out....

    It's not like "Eli people" are making this **** up. People who get PAID to be football players, analysts, scouts etc etc....all say the same thing about our recievers.
    Thats all fine but all teams have WR's who don't catch the ball that "should be caught". Its not unique to Eli.
    Cruz is 20th in drops and Nicks is in the 30's or 40's right now. Its not like the Giants WR's are a bunch of stone handed bumblers and every other team has sure handed geniuses.
    Our WR's are actually on average better than the average......Far better actually. Do you think Tom Brady would LOVE to have Nicks, Cruz and Randle right now?
    He'd be ecstatic.

    Its a red herring to suggest that Eli is the victim of his WR's. Should we review the great plays that these WR's have made to turn short gains into huge plays?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #154385
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,103
    Pinocchio, Snow White, and Superman are out for a stroll in town one day.
    As they walk, they come across a sign: "Beauty contest for the most beautiful woman in the world.
    "I’m entering" said Snow White.
    After half an hour she comes out and they ask her, "Well, how'd ya do?"
    " First Place ," said Snow White.

    They continue walking and they see a sign: "Contest for the strongest man in the world."
    "I'm entering," says Superman.
    After half an hour he returns and they ask him, "How did you make out?"
    " First Place ," answers Superman. "Did you ever doubt?"

    They continue walking when they see a sign: "Contest! Who is the greatest liar in the world?"
    Pinocchio says "this is mine."
    Half an hour later, he returns with tears in his eyes.
    "What happened?" they asked.
    "Who the hell is Obama?" asked Pinocchio

  6. #154386
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Pinocchio, Snow White, and Superman are out for a stroll in town one day.
    As they walk, they come across a sign: "Beauty contest for the most beautiful woman in the world.
    "I’m entering" said Snow White.
    After half an hour she comes out and they ask her, "Well, how'd ya do?"
    " First Place ," said Snow White.

    They continue walking and they see a sign: "Contest for the strongest man in the world."
    "I'm entering," says Superman.
    After half an hour he returns and they ask him, "How did you make out?"
    " First Place ," answers Superman. "Did you ever doubt?"

    They continue walking when they see a sign: "Contest! Who is the greatest liar in the world?"
    Pinocchio says "this is mine."
    Half an hour later, he returns with tears in his eyes.
    "What happened?" they asked.
    "Who the hell is Obama?" asked Pinocchio
    that was far too long of a joke to make a stupid point, that wasn't even that funny.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #154387
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Thats all fine but all teams have WR's who don't catch the ball that "should be caught". Its not unique to Eli.
    Cruz is 20th in drops and Nicks is in the 30's or 40's right now. Its not like the Giants WR's are a bunch of stone handed bumblers and every other team has sure handed geniuses.
    Our WR's are actually on average better than the average......Far better actually. Do you think Tom Brady would LOVE to have Nicks, Cruz and Randle right now?
    He'd be ecstatic.

    Its a red herring to suggest that Eli is the victim of his WR's. Should we review the great plays that these WR's have made to turn short gains into huge plays?
    We're not saying ELi is a victim of his WR, we're saying its not just one factor leading to Eli playing like this. Its a snowball effect

  8. #154388
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,103
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    that was far too long of a joke to make a stupid point, that wasn't even that funny.
    Don't shoot the ****ing messenger

  9. #154389
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,542
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    that was far too long of a joke to make a stupid point, that wasn't even that funny.
    If you dont like bad jokes, you dont have to read bad jokes. PERIOD!

  10. #154390
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,976
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    We're not saying ELi is a victim of his WR, we're saying its not just one factor leading to Eli playing like this. Its a snowball effect
    And I'm saying that a great QB can't let this happen to his play...Period.
    So many other QB's in the league have less to work with and still don't play as badly as Eli has this season.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts