1. #154491
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,716
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    It gets icy when you do that. And when I posted that there was barely an inch on the ground.
    gotcha. i didnt have the icy problem unless it was ALSO freezing rain....but how my brother and i did it was I shoveled half the driveway and he salted behind me, and then he shoveled the other half and i salted behind him. that way the accumulation wasnt too bad.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  2. #154492
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,716
    We have the salt at work where if you throw it on the patch of ice, it literally cracks right through it. pretty cool to watch happen.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  3. #154493
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,661
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    lol, thats pretty normal. my parents have always insisted on it, and i actually agree, because one time i didnt do it till it stopped, and it was the wet snow that weighs 100lbs lol. REGRET!!!
    I don't shovel much of anything anymore but the same goes for plowing if its a big storm I'll plow at least twice....My pickup has its limits of how much it can move..... plowing twice is easier on the truck and the chances of getting stuck are far less....shoveling snow out from up a pickup sucks big time....I hate ****ing snow

    In fact last year we had one storm I should have done maybe three times....It was really heavy I did it like mid way through at night ....The next morning with drifting and such there was like a ft of it...I managed but not without damage to the trucks transmission....
    Last edited by byron; 12-14-2013 at 12:34 PM.

  4. #154494
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,716
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I don't shovel much of anything anymore but the same goes for plowing if its a big storm I'll plow at least twice....My pickup has its limits of how much it can move..... plowing twice is easier on the truck and the chances of getting stuck are far less....shoveling snow out from up a pickup sucks big time....I hate ****ing snow
    Sounds to me like you live in the wrong neck of the woods!
    lmao
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #154495
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,661
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Sounds to me like you live in the wrong neck of the woods!
    lmao
    the older I get more true that statement becomes.....haha

    they are talking 12/14 inches up here starting tonight through tomorrow...

  6. #154496
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In your kitchen.
    Posts
    33,012
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Who shovels when its still snowing?
    My parents always made me do it so we wouldn't have a great wall around our house.

    Please support.

  7. #154497
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    My parents always made me do it so we wouldn't have a great wall around our house.
    plus it kept you out of trouble !

  8. #154498
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,716
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    the older I get more true that statement becomes.....haha

    they are talking 12/14 inches up here starting tonight through tomorrow...
    Daaaaaang
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  9. #154499
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    6,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Oh....You're one of "those".

    Yes. Yes, I am. I'm one of those people who fully believes that all politicians are the same regardless of affiliation and that they care about one and only one constituency, themselves.

  10. #154500
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In your kitchen.
    Posts
    33,012
    When was the last time Corey Webster started a game this season?

    Please support.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts