1. #154621
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,274

  2. #154622
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,274
    Justin Tuck offered very strong support of Eli Manning in the midst of his "shocking" season: "It's just a prime example of ‘When it rains it poors.'" Tuck said on Sunday. "And for him, he hasn’t been able to put it together this year. And that’s tough. I know he’s a guy that is here before the sun comes up and doesn’t leave until after it goes down. I know he’s put in the work. It just hasn’t really come to fruition for him this season.

    "At the end of the game today I just went up to Eli and said ‘Listen bro, just keep your head up.’ … I have no doubt in my mind he’s going to bounce out of this and become the Eli of old heading into next year. I don’t necessarily worry about him because I see the work he’s put in. I see how he goes about it. You can’t keep a guy like E down for long. This season you scratch your head and wonder why. But I don’t believe you’ll see too much more of this."

  3. #154623
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Justin Tuck offered very strong support of Eli Manning in the midst of his "shocking" season: "It's just a prime example of ‘When it rains it poors.'" Tuck said on Sunday. "And for him, he hasn’t been able to put it together this year. And that’s tough. I know he’s a guy that is here before the sun comes up and doesn’t leave until after it goes down. I know he’s put in the work. It just hasn’t really come to fruition for him this season.

    "At the end of the game today I just went up to Eli and said ‘Listen bro, just keep your head up.’ … I have no doubt in my mind he’s going to bounce out of this and become the Eli of old heading into next year. I don’t necessarily worry about him because I see the work he’s put in. I see how he goes about it. You can’t keep a guy like E down for long. This season you scratch your head and wonder why. But I don’t believe you’ll see too much more of this."
    Eli deserves the criticism, but he doesn't deserve the treatment he's getting from some people here. Granted, most of them a trolls, but he did help us win 2 SBs. He may not be the greatest, but to say we need to trade the guy is pretty crazy. I fully expect him to return to 2008 form next year. For better and worsel. .

  4. #154624
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Eli deserves the criticism, but he doesn't deserve the treatment he's getting from some people here. Granted, most of them a trolls, but he did help us win 2 SBs. He may not be the greatest, but to say we need to trade the guy is pretty crazy. I fully expect him to return to 2008 form next year. For better and worsel. .
    Personally, I don't know who is more annoying. The people blaming him for everything or the people blaming everything except him. LOL
    Close or you hit the bricks

  5. #154625
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,274
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Personally, I don't know who is more annoying. The people blaming him for everything or the people blaming everything except him. LOL
    MH, the answer to that question is always MH.

  6. #154626
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    No thinking required when you post in the TAGF section.

    ...That's nothing new of course.
    It's gotten dumber and dumber if that is even possible.

  7. #154627
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,018
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Mike Francesa believes the Giants should not even consider bringing Hakeem Nicks back in 2014


    Id like him back...

    Me too. So he had one tough season, we give the QB a pass why not Nicks?

  8. #154628
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,018
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Personally, I don't know who is more annoying. The people blaming him for everything or the people blaming everything except him. LOL

    They're the same, both groups are idiots.

  9. #154629
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    23,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Me too. So he had one tough season, we give the QB a pass why not Nicks?
    early in the year it was about "we arent going to be able to provide the money he'll likely get" which was met with the response of how other WRs in of years got big contracts regardless(Mike Wallace comes to mind).

    But is that still the case you think? I mean, this year was worse than his rookie season(which we considered fairly successful). If you asked me in the beginning of the season who should make more, Nicks or Cruz...i would have said Nicks. now i dont think the same really, though i still REALLY like Nicks as a legit top 10 WR in my eyes.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  10. #154630
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    5,018
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    early in the year it was about "we arent going to be able to provide the money he'll likely get" which was met with the response of how other WRs in of years got big contracts regardless(Mike Wallace comes to mind).

    But is that still the case you think? I mean, this year was worse than his rookie season(which we considered fairly successful). If you asked me in the beginning of the season who should make more, Nicks or Cruz...i would have said Nicks. now i dont think the same really, though i still REALLY like Nicks as a legit top 10 WR in my eyes.

    I don't view it as a Nicks issue per se. You could put Megatron in this offense and he'd struggle. Nicks had a very tough year but show me a NY Giant offensive player who didn't.

    I want to keep Nicks but I do not want to overpay to keep him. So, I know the reality is that someone else may overpay him and under those circumstances, we'll lose him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts