Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I don't view it as a Nicks issue per se. You could put Megatron in this offense and he'd struggle. Nicks had a very tough year but show me a NY Giant offensive player who didn't.

I want to keep Nicks but I do not want to overpay to keep him. So, I know the reality is that someone else may overpay him and under those circumstances, we'll lose him.

We're better off using the money to sign a good offensive lineman - even if Nicks gets "only" 5-6 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I don't view it as a Nicks issue per se. You could put Megatron in this offense and he'd struggle. Nicks had a very tough year but show me a NY Giant offensive player who didn't.

I want to keep Nicks but I do not want to overpay to keep him. So, I know the reality is that someone else may overpay him and under those circumstances, we'll lose him.
    fair enough assessment....but then youre acknowledging that he's WORTH a lot of money, which means he'll get it somewhere. idk...I hope we keep him too....when the offense improves, he's going to be a huge part of it if he stays in blue.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    We're better off using the money to sign a good offensive lineman - even if Nicks gets "only" 5-6 million.
    I think youre right. we can def get someone who eventually fill those shoes. I just know it's not randle or any other jobber on our team.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I think youre right. we can def get someone who eventually fill those shoes. I just know it's not randle or any other jobber on our team.
    I think Randle will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I think Randle will be just fine.
    nah, he's a scrub. he makes routine plays look like ****ing circus acts. and has worse hands than Cruz did in his breakout year.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

nah, he's a scrub. he makes routine plays look like ****ing circus acts. and has worse hands than Cruz did in his breakout year.
    I see you say this all the time about Randle.
    Kid's a good young player. You would have given up on Toomer as well after 2 seasons?

He did absolutely nothing until his 4th season.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 12-16-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    Get well soon 80.

Cruz has always had good hands. Whatchyou talkin bout?

I dont know. Im not crazy about our Wr situation. Who knows how good Cruz really is without a Wideout. We saw him struggled to put up decent numbers without Nicks. We really overpaid for Cruz in my opinion and it puts us in a bad position. Randles ok, a good number two. Murphys likely gone. I think we bring back JJ. When ever hes in Eli usually looks in his direction. I dont know boys, Id love to keep Nicks but the price will likely be too high.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

Tom Coughlin has faith in Kevin Gilbride's offensive system and says if all pieces were healthy and in place, it would work.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

fair enough assessment....but then youre acknowledging that he's WORTH a lot of money, which means he'll get it somewhere. idk...I hope we keep him too....when the offense improves, he's going to be a huge part of it if he stays in blue.

He's potentially worth a lot of money. I wouldn't assume that because some idiot GM pays him a lot that he's worth it. But your argument that if someone pays him then that's the market for him is unassailable. I guess what I'm saying is that I hope some friggin' GM doesn't overpay him on potential (which he has shown plenty) and then Nicks delivers.

I want my cake and I want to eat it too. Is that asking too much!?!

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Tom Coughlin has faith in Kevin Gilbride's offensive system and says if all pieces were healthy and in place, it would work.
    Barack Obama said the same thing about Obamacare.
    Get well soon 80.