1. #154841
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,226
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Its certainly a great argument you can make and my only rebuttal would be we won the super bowl 2 out of those 5 years.

    Our play calling on offense is stale. I wont deny that.
    On defense, I hate our current style. We need to get back to NY Giant Football and kill the ****ing QB. KILL HIM!!!! We might of pulled together some good games against ****ty teams with no qb, but its not real. We need to bring back Beason. Hes the first real LB and shot caller weve had since AP.

    But in the end, TC is still the tip of the spear. Through thick and thin, hes been THEE rock, and it rubs off on the players. And everyone who says he lost the team is ****ing stupid. Listen to what all the players have said about TC over the years. The defense STILL fights tooth and nail for him. The whole team knows it. What other coach would get that from his players? Not many.
    Overall, besides the style of some of the playcalling in certain situations, we dont have a coaching problem, we have a performance problem. We need a few more players on o line........and new co ordinaters. Sign TC for another 3 years. How can you not? Look at his tack record, and not just here.
    How do we not have a coaching problem if this team has a problem with properly executing the game plan? If it's not that, then it's a collapse at the end. There is something seriously wrong with this team, and it starts at the top.

    Our performance problem directly involves coaching. Again, if our play from practice can't translate on the field game in and game out, the coaches have to see that. For whatever reason, they cannot. What do you mean look at TC's track record? So he had a good career in JAX..great! He had some very good moments here..great! He's also had some very very bad moments as head coach here as well, more times than not.

    I love TC, but you can't keep going by what he did in the past. He can only do so much at his age as well..

  2. #154842
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    How do we not have a coaching problem if this team has a problem with properly executing the game plan? If it's not that, then it's a collapse at the end. There is something seriously wrong with this team, and it starts at the top.

    Our performance problem directly involves coaching. Again, if our play from practice can't translate on the field game in and game out, the coaches have to see that. For whatever reason, they cannot. What do you mean look at TC's track record? So he had a good career in JAX..great! He had some very good moments here..great! He's also had some very very bad moments as head coach here as well, more times than not.

    I love TC, but you can't keep going by what he did in the past. He can only do so much at his age as well..
    Not that I'm saying this is necessarily true of you, but a lot of what you say points to how spoiled we have become as fans. Have we had some bad moments in TC's tenure? Sure. However, this is the first losing season we've had since 2004. How many teams can say that? Without actually looking, I'd have to say the only other team that can claim that is the Pats.

    Sure, this season may not have been a good one either way, but we have, what, 12 players on IR? And 7 of them have started games on offense this year.

    So, while TC hasn't been perfect his good moments here FAR outnumber his poor moments.

  3. #154843
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Not that I'm saying this is necessarily true of you, but a lot of what you say points to how spoiled we have become as fans. Have we had some bad moments in TC's tenure? Sure. However, this is the first losing season we've had since 2004. How many teams can say that? Without actually looking, I'd have to say the only other team that can claim that is the Pats.

    Sure, this season may not have been a good one either way, but we have, what, 12 players on IR? And 7 of them have started games on offense this year.

    So, while TC hasn't been perfect his good moments here FAR outnumber his poor moments.
    While not losing seasons, 9-7 seasons with collapses at the end are just as bad.

  4. #154844
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    While not losing seasons, 9-7 seasons with collapses at the end are just as bad.
    We've had two 9-7 seasons under TC. One of them we won the Super Bowl. We've had two 8-8 seasons under TC, one of them we made the playoffs, the other was the year the defense quit on Sheridan. We also had a 10-6 season that failed to make the playoffs.

    This is the only season since TC's first that we haven't been in the playoff hunt late in the year.

    I don't know how your comment doesn't exemplify spoiled.

  5. #154845
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    We've had two 9-7 seasons under TC. One of them we won the Super Bowl. We've had two 8-8 seasons under TC, one of them we made the playoffs, the other was the year the defense quit on Sheridan. We also had a 10-6 season that failed to make the playoffs.

    This is the only season since TC's first that we haven't been in the playoff hunt late in the year.

    I don't know how your comment doesn't exemplify spoiled.
    Because I'm not fond of the shut outs, the blow outs, and the embarrassing losses..time in and time ago. That is not being spoiled. I would like to wake up one day and not try to figure out which Giants team will show up. It's getting embarrassing. When did we make the playoffs at 8-8? We choked in 2010, the year we went 10-6..winning record, but nothing to show for it. I'm glad we won those SB's, but they are not lifetime passes for miserable play. I think we can turn it around, but the coaches need to evaluate themselves as well as the players.

    Again, there's nothing spoiled about not wanti g to miss the playoffs the last 4 out of 5 years.

  6. #154846
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because I'm not fond of the shut outs, the blow outs, and the embarrassing losses..time in and time ago. That is not being spoiled. I would like to wake up one day and not try to figure out which Giants team will show up. It's getting embarrassing. When did we make the playoffs at 8-8? We choked in 2010, the year we went 10-6..winning record, but nothing to show for it. I'm glad we won those SB's, but they are not lifetime passes for miserable play. I think we can turn it around, but the coaches need to evaluate themselves as well as the players.

    Again, there's nothing spoiled about not wanti g to miss the playoffs the last 4 out of 5 years.
    2006.

  7. #154847
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,226
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    2006.
    Thanks.

  8. #154848
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    My little man sure is a stud.
    Atta-boy! Be confident no matter what!

  9. #154849
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Atta-boy! Be confident no matter what!
    Damn straight

  10. #154850
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,660
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    My little man sure is a stud.
    Wow, that cat sure looks like a dog...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts