+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    No, but I did in the post above it -- the one that makes mention to "firing guys after one year."

I assumed you were incorporating that post into your response because there would otherwise be no reason to say "None of them were here for just one year. What are you people talking about?" since, in the post you quoted, I never asserted that Spags, Hufnagle, Gilbride, and Lewis were "here for just one year."
    I posted that a minute after your Sheridan post. Lets not get crazy here Greg

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Again everyone besides Sheridan was here for more than a year.
    My point is we arent going to let TC hire 2 new coordinators and clean house after one season if they barely miss the playoffs. I just dont see that happening.
    Well, what choice do they have, exactly? Gilbride is gone, and Fewell might be gone, too. Those guys need to be replaced.

If the Giants miss the playoffs again next year, TC should go, and a new coach isn't going to want to keep the coordinators. Nor should he.

I posted that a minute after your Sheridan post. Lets not get crazy here.
    Then I see I've overestimated you, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Well, what choice do they have, exactly? Gilbride is gone, and Fewell might be gone, too. Those guys need to be replaced.

If the Giants miss the playoffs again next year, TC should go, and a new coach isn't going to want to keep the coordinators. Nor should he.
    That's what I'm trying to say.
    TC will most likely be gone next year anyway, so the new OC is probably going to be groomed to be a future HC for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    TC will most likely be gone next year anyway, so the new OC is probably going to be groomed to be a future HC for us.
    If TC is most likely gone next year anyway, why give him another year with new coordinators???????

I don't know if that's a given. they could have something else in mind unless the new OC is REALLY good...which, idk how i'd grade that other than the team's offensive performance, lol.

Let's be honest.....come next year, we'll see the same names flying around as usual (ex. Cowher), and there is always someone that fans always want lol.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

If TC is most likely gone next year anyway, why give him another year with new coordinators???????
    because what HC options are available to us?? I think that if they wanted to force him out, he'd be out already....

I'd be kind of shocked if the organization just sat around for months if they wanted to replace him right now.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

The guys that we've interviewed so far, Loggains and Sullivan, don't have the credentials to be HC in a year. They're both OCs with a combined 3.5 years experience of coordinating substandard offenses. I doubt the Giants are interested in either with the hopes that they take over for Coughlin in 2015.

If anything, it signals that the Giants are committed to Coughlin for the foreseeable future. That could be years. Of course, it's entirely possible that the Giants do so poorly next year that Coughlin "retires." But in the event that such occurs, I doubt that anyone of our coaches will be dealt anything more than a pink slip, let alone a promotion.

Maddux, Glavine and Big Hurt elected to the HOF today, as well as LaRussa, Torre, and Bobby Cox.

Pretty good class.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Coordinator*

Singular. We haven't lost Fewell yet. But what do we do if Fewell goes? Fire Coughlin for presiding over a HC-caliber DC? Of course not.

The task is replacing Gilbride. Next guy doesn't, and probably won't be the next HC, but in any event, someone has to be hired. You don't fire a HC because his OC "retires."

+ Reply to Thread