1. #155971
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Damn, when I actually leave this thread, its to call people idiot or moron.
    What are they going to do about the trolls?
    nothing, youre supposed to ignore them, didnt you read? lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  2. #155972
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    nothing, youre supposed to ignore them, didnt you read? lol
    He says "We want our members to enjoy their time here, but we are not going to allow the constant barrage of venom that seems to occur far too frequently."

    He doesnt understand thats how people are enjoying there time here.

  3. #155973
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    He says "We want our members to enjoy their time here, but we are not going to allow the constant barrage of venom that seems to occur far too frequently."

    He doesnt understand thats how people are enjoying there time here.
    I honestly don't think that's why some of these troll posters originally came here. However I do think that once they realized it wasn't moderated enough to prevent trolling or attacking, it just became their norm to react the way they do. The place used to be much more aggressive with watching that stuff, or so I thought...I really only had a few run ins. But I gave up on doing that stuff awhile ago when i was once banned for making a post simply to call out all the fairweather fans who were preaching that the sky was falling all the time....they didnt like that...lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  4. #155974
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    I dont know. I never really read anything directed at someone that was too over the top. I constantly see people breaking each others balls. I see nothing wrong with that. Sounds like the politically correct have taken over. Hes acting like this is something new when in reality this type of stuff has been happening for years. Matt basically said the reason he quit being a mod is because most of the other mods were snobs and micromanaged everything. Were seeing it first hand. Matt is Robert Gates. lol

  5. #155975
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Westside, Bankhead
    Posts
    23,206
    "Constant barrage of venom." Please.

    There is no "venom" on these boards. Posters that lose their cool to the point where their posts can even be remotely characterized as "venomous" are swiftly banned because posts like that are so rare that they stand out.

    The problem on these boards is the expectation that you should just "walk away" when the poster you're engaged with is making nonsensical claims, posts, and rebuttals with an unequivocally instigating tone. It's not lazy moderating, but it's a pathetic solution, if you can even call it that.

  6. #155976
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    "Constant barrage of venom." Please.

    There is no "venom" on these boards. Posters that lose their cool to the point where their posts can even be remotely characterized as "venomous" are swiftly banned because posts like that are so rare that they stand out.

    The problem on these boards is the expectation that you should just "walk away" when the poster you're engaged with is making nonsensical claims, posts, and rebuttals with an unequivocally instigating tone. It's not lazy moderating, but it's a pathetic solution, if you can even call it that.
    yep. a simple "hey, im watching you, knock that **** off" PM is prob a better way of going about it tbh. but whatever, im not a mod, i dont care, nor do i respond to trolls, or even read half the threads in TAGF. actually i read maybe 5% of them lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  7. #155977
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont know. I never really read anything directed at someone that was too over the top. I constantly see people breaking each others balls. I see nothing wrong with that. Sounds like the politically correct have taken over. Hes acting like this is something new when in reality this type of stuff has been happening for years. Matt basically said the reason he quit being a mod is because most of the other mods were snobs and micromanaged everything. Were seeing it first hand. Matt is Robert Gates. lol
    nah, it def started to get REALLY bad about 2 years ago. when i joined, I used to love posting on everything in TAGF. Then at some point it became a Free for all...

    I've been banned twice...but its been AT LEAST 3 years. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  8. #155978
    Veteran Laurah1275's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,285
    Bleh day today...rainy, cold...what to do?

  9. #155979
    Veteran Laurah1275's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    nah, it def started to get REALLY bad about 2 years ago. when i joined, I used to love posting on everything in TAGF. Then at some point it became a Free for all...

    I've been banned twice...but its been AT LEAST 3 years. lol
    I hear ya...I have also been banned

  10. #155980
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Bleh day today...rainy, cold...what to do?
    I hear complaing about it helps.

    lololololololololololol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts