Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I can't call out from work. If I try calling in tomorrow, I'll get marked AWOL and face disciplinary action. Considering I'm still on probation for my job, it's not something I'm willing to risk.
    What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    What do you do?
    I work at the VA hospital near me. The whole helping people thing can be a real drag sometimes.

But, seriously. The Director here is super hardcore about not decreasing staff in direct patient care areas when there's inclement weather. Hell, if I'm even 5 minutes late they won't let it slide. I'll have to put in for 15 minutes of my leave time to cover for it (even though there's an allowance for supervisors/management to let things like that slide).

**** dezzzR.
    Mood: WOOF!

I work at the VA hospital near me. The whole helping people thing can be a real drag sometimes.

But, seriously. The Director here is super hardcore about not decreasing staff in direct patient care areas when there's inclement weather. Hell, if I'm even 5 minutes late they won't let it slide. I'll have to put in for 15 minutes of my leave time to cover for it (even though there's an allowance for supervisors/management to let things like that slide).
    props for doing that job....and yes, they dont **** around with staffing for that, i can only imagine how much crazier it must be for VA vs normal hospital/health care facilities.

I'm a banker, and earlier this morning my ABM was telling me that my training would be coming here tmrw if the weather was bad, as opposed to the training class he is attending this week. I asked why? And shes like "well....if the weather is bad, this is closer than the training facility..." and im like....oook but if the weather is bad, why would anyone come in? and shes like "Because we have jobs!!" and i laughed right at her....because honestly, do you think I care about this place if the weather is bad??! I'm not providing healthcare....my job is not important to people when there is bad weather. it's so laughable. I'm not putting my life on the line for this toilet....nor do I even want to risk damage to my car. you think this place is going to pay for it if I total my car on the way to work? lolololololNO
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    **** dezzzR.
    you have been thinking of me a lot lately.

and apparently thinking of telling you TO GO **** YOURSELF!!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    and apparently thinking of telling you TO GO **** YOURSELF!!!
    Who thinks about someone that much if you dont love them? haha

Thinking of punching you in the face.

I'm kidding, you know I luh you.
    Mood: WOOF!

Thanks. My wife and I will look at it when I get home from work.
    OK but remember. All the various sounds available have subliminal messages that repeat..."Eli sucks, Eli sucks, Eli sucks.........."

Just to warn you.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..