Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    You must have missed the thousands of Lion fans scream out of anger towards Sanders retirement.
    Jeter telling this will be his last season is fine, spring training didn't even start, the Yankees and all it's fans can get one last look at #2 playing in pinstripes.
    Baseball is secretly thanking Jeter, every road game and home game will raise ticket attendance to get a chance to witness Jeter play one last time.
    Next stop monument park and Cooperstown.
    Can I tell you that I've been to Yankee stadium like 100 times, and EVERY time I go, I never get there in time for Monument Park >.<

btw, welcome back.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    nobody cares about his reasons....because once he started running at the mouth, post-retirement....that's when the REAL hate began.
    And yes....retiring in your prime is kinda ****ty for fans....

If Cruz retired today, youre saying you wouldnt be like "what the ****??" ?
    You and I both know how many fans cited the fact that he announced his retirement before he was actually done as the reason they hate Tiki. My point is that it was all a load of crap. There is obviously nothing wrong with announcing your retirement while you're still playing. There is nothing wrong with retiring in your prime.

I'm just calling out these dopes that will undoubtedly apply a double standard.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You and I both know how many fans cited the fact that he announced his retirement before he was actually done as the reason they hate Tiki. My point is that it was all a load of crap. There is obviously nothing wrong with announcing your retirement while you're still playing. There is nothing wrong with retiring in your prime.

And we'll continue to call you out on your double standard involving Eli and other QB's.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I'm not doubting people were mad....but to be completely fair, I wasn't on the boards back then, so I can only speak for myself and people i know.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

THE DISTINCT difference in situations is so easy to explain....

Jeter - Legend. nothing to prove.
    Tiki - we felt betrayal during a time we thought our team was getting really good again.

i dont see how these are similar at all.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

THE DISTINCT difference in situations is so easy to explain....

Jeter - Legend. nothing to prove.
    Tiki - we felt betrayal during a time we thought our team was getting really good again.

i dont see how these are similar at all.
    Tiki was the greatest RB in Giants history. Tiki had over 15,000 yards from scrimmage. 12th all time.

Tiki was a great football player.
    Get well soon 80.

Tiki was the greatest RB in Giants history. Tiki had over 15,000 yards from scrimmage. 12th all time.

Tiki was a great football player.
    You bore me.....

Great football player, greatest RB Giants had.....but overall, just a ****ty person, and ****ty teammate, and no longer a Giant in my eyes.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

You bore me.....

Great football player, greatest RB Giants had.....but overall, just a ****ty person, and ****ty teammate, and no longer a Giant in my eyes.
    I'm sorry...its a ridiculous attitude Pizz.
    The guy played his *** off every game. Trained like a madman. And personally saved TC's job with his destruction of the Redskins defense in his last game.
    Fans like you give me the willies.
    Get well soon 80.

I'm sorry...its a ridiculous attitude Pizz.
    The guy played his *** off every game. Trained like a madman. And personally saved TC's job with his destruction of the Redskins defense in his last game.
    Fans like you give me the willies.
    it's not me, man....i'd say 75% of Giants fans dont like Tiki
    Oderint Dum Metuant

it's not me, man....i'd say 75% of Giants fans dont like Tiki
    So you just go along with the masses.......

Now i see.
    Get well soon 80.