1. #157441
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    So you just go along with the masses.......

    Now i see.
    Nope...i march to the beat of my own drum....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  2. #157442
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sorry...its a ridiculous attitude Pizz.
    The guy played his *** off every game. Trained like a madman. And personally saved TC's job with his destruction of the Redskins defense in his last game.
    Fans like you give me the willies.
    Giiive me a break with the" saved TC's job" crap

  3. #157443
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,233
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Can I tell you that I've been to Yankee stadium like 100 times, and EVERY time I go, I never get there in time for Monument Park >.<

    btw, welcome back.
    The little museum is even better Pizz. All the rings, and a pocket watch(which was what they received when they won the WS back in the day) are on display. Munsons locker, so much cool ****.

  4. #157444
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You and I both know how many fans cited the fact that he announced his retirement before he was actually done as the reason they hate Tiki. My point is that it was all a load of crap. There is obviously nothing wrong with announcing your retirement while you're still playing. There is nothing wrong with retiring in your prime.

    I'm just calling out these dopes that will undoubtedly apply a double standard.
    I disagree, I think the hate came when he threw Eli and everyone under the bus. I wasnt happy that he retired but I never thought he was a piece of **** cause of it. I was actually looking forward to his insight when an anchor or whatever the hell he was going to be.

  5. #157445
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,194
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    The little museum is even better Pizz. All the rings, and a pocket watch(which was what they received when they won the WS back in the day) are on display. Munsons locker, so much cool ****.
    word....i just gotta get there earlier. it just that it's an all-day event...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  6. #157446
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,233
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    word....i just gotta get there earlier. it just that it's an all-day event...
    No its not man. Just get there about an hour and half before the game starts. Youll have plenty of time

  7. #157447
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,194
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    No its not man. Just get there about an hour and half before the game starts. Youll have plenty of time
    dude...it's an all day event....trust me...

    I'm going to a 4pm weekend game, I gotta catch a train express no later than 2....if i take the earlier express, it's at like 12:15p or something....what am I going to do for 4 hours? sit at DugOut with the other 100000 people that cram in that place.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  8. #157448
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,411
    Lol there is already an inch of snow on the ground, and the "real" storm hasn't even come yet.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  9. #157449
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I disagree, I think the hate came when he threw Eli and everyone under the bus. I wasnt happy that he retired but I never thought he was a piece of **** cause of it. I was actually looking forward to his insight when an anchor or whatever the hell he was going to be.
    I get that Dez. I was very PO'd about that as well and expressed it clearly here.
    I'm talking about some folks who say that the simple act of announcing his retirement early, caused them to hate Tiki.

    And BTW....It's time to forgive Tiki. You guys make it sound like he killed someone for God's sake.
    Get well soon 80.

  10. #157450
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I get that Dez. I was very PO'd about that as well and expressed it clearly here.
    I'm talking about some folks who say that the simple act of announcing his retirement early, caused them to hate Tiki.

    And BTW....It's time to forgive Tiki. You guys make it sound like he killed someone for God's sake.
    I was mad at first...but quickly forgot as BJ and Ward became legitimate options, and of course the late '07 coming out party for Bradshaw....
    but I look at Tiki's post-retirement as turning his back on the Giants....he was just such a huge scumbag....and once that happened.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts