1. #157761
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,850
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Because one of your biggest reasons for Cruz being overpaid, which you've hopefully now reconsidered since you actually took a look at the contract's structure, was Nicks drawing double coverage.

    And like I said before:
    -Every WR benefits from a dominant presence on the other side of the field.
    -Cruz had huge games without Nicks, too.
    -Nicks was not getting many double teams in 2012; he was effectively handled with single coverage, sometimes even by safeties.
    -Despite Nicks' improvements in 2013 with health and statistics, Cruz still regressed, which dampens any sort of causal dependence you may have wished to demonstrate. Furthermore, it goes to show that the premise that Cruz needed a dominant outside receiver to put up his 2012 stat line is false, because, well, Nicks wasn't dominant nor commanding double teams with any regularity in 2012.

    But it's irrelevant now because you've actually seen the numbers and realize that Cruz's deal is actually a 3 year, 18-20 million dollar deal that requires him to play at a very high level in order to see all the money. His contract has been the focal point of the discussion, and its viability has been the crux of my argument.
    No, my biggest reason was I dont think any slot wr is worth that much, but ill fuks with you.
    He had two good games against the Browns and a terrible Eagles secondary without Nicks.
    I disagree that he wasnt being doubled in 2012, and I completely disagree that Nicks had a better 13 than 12.

    Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

  2. #157762
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,751
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    No, my biggest reason was I dont think any slot wr is worth that much, but ill fuks with you.
    He had two good games against the Browns and a terrible Eagles secondary without Nicks.
    I disagree that he wasnt being doubled in 2012, and I completely disagree that Nicks had a better 13 than 12.
    I really have no interest in arguing about Nicks.

    How much do you think Cruz deserved? What, as a slot receiver, is he worth?

  3. #157763
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,733
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I really have no interest in arguing about Nicks.

    How much do you think Cruz deserved? What, as a slot receiver, is he worth?
    I think he's reasonably paid....the guaranteed $ is good for the Giants....and should he hit the bonuses, i think we wont argue the production if we're winning. =]
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  4. #157764
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,751
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I think he's reasonably paid....the guaranteed $ is good for the Giants....and should he hit the bonuses, i think we wont argue the production if we're winning. =]
    Yup, the guaranteed money makes it a very economical deal for us.

    And yeah, if he sees those 7-9 million dollar base salaries in years 3, 4, and 5 -- more power to him.

  5. #157765
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,733
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yup, the guaranteed money makes it a very economical deal for us.

    And yeah, if he sees those 7-9 million dollar base salaries in years 3, 4, and 5 -- more power to him.
    YUUUUUUPPPPP!!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  6. #157766
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    37,059
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    YUUUUUUPPPPP!!!
    YUUUUPPPP!!!
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  7. #157767
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    YUUUUPPPP!!!
    "DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?!?!"
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  8. #157768
    Veteran Laurah1275's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,283
    Hello all, what's going on?
    I'm a proud mama...my daughter got an academic scholarship to the HS of our choice, YEAH BABY! Saved me some major $$$

  9. #157769
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Hello all, what's going on?
    I'm a proud mama...my daughter got an academic scholarship to the HS of our choice, YEAH BABY! Saved me some major $$$
    noice. congrats yo
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  10. #157770
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    37,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Hello all, what's going on?
    I'm a proud mama...my daughter got an academic scholarship to the HS of our choice, YEAH BABY! Saved me some major $$$
    Forgot your daughter went to a private school.
    Congrats, that's awesome!
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts