1. #158191
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Cleaing a fan on a tower takes like 5 minutes. Just take off the chasis and clean it. If by chance you have to actually remove it, it just takes another minute or two to do that. Easy peasy.
    yea man...desktops much easier
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  2. #158192
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    36,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And that is why I hate laptops. Everything is such a bigger pain in the *** to work on.
    Yeah, like Pizz said, everything is very compact and tight.
    If it's NOT the fan, THEN I will take it into a computer store.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  3. #158193
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    36,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Cleaing a fan on a tower takes like 5 minutes. Just take off the chasis and clean it. If by chance you have to actually remove it, it just takes another minute or two to do that. Easy peasy.
    Exactly. I've seen it done before. Takes two seconds.
    BUT THIS FREAKING SCREW DOESN'T WANT TO COME OUT.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  4. #158194
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I've taken out the everything else except that one loose screw. I'm not an idiot.
    I used to do tech work in theatre, cutting up 2 x 4's and drilling **** into place.
    And my father is an architect.
    Give me a break lol.


    And cleaning out your fan isn't hard at all, you just have to get to it.
    cutting 2 x 4s "and drilling **** into place" is carpentry, not tech.

    Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

  5. #158195
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Pizz...she can't even get a screw out. You think she can fix her computer?
    There are some things to **** with and some things to leave to experts.
    You gotta learn somehow. Teach a man how to fish....

    I cant find anything on a computer but I can dissemble them and put them back together pretty easily. Last year my ps3 wasnt reading the disk so I got the part I needed and installed it myself. Its fun and feels good when you fix it yourself.

    Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

  6. #158196
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    36,828
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    cutting 2 x 4s "and drilling **** into place" is carpentry, not tech.
    We didn't just cut 2 x 4's and drill, those were just examples.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  7. #158197
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Good for you.
    Cleaning out a fan isn't rocket science.
    One screw is just making it difficult to do as such.
    My uncle was a pig farmer and I wouldn't mess with it.
    Get well soon 80.

  8. #158198
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    We didn't just cut 2 x 4's and drill, those were just examples.

    Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

  9. #158199
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,815
    wtfffff, I was in such a happy go lucky mood this morning, I go on a facebook and one of the first video thats playing(apparently all videos start on their own now)is this young woman throwing puppies into a river. My day is completely ruined now. Why do people post this ****?!

    Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

  10. #158200
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    wtfffff, I was in such a happy go lucky mood this morning, I go on a facebook and one of the first video thats playing(apparently all videos start on their own now)is this young woman throwing puppies into a river. My day is completely ruined now. Why do people post this ****?!
    I hope you unfriended that person...
    Get well soon 80.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts