1. #159111
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No, which is way all we can do is take wild guesses. Morehead thinks it's completely reasonable to assume we're up against the cap. My guess is we have about $8m left, give or take a couple.

    Morehead knows exactly how much we have without the benefit of even having numbers. He's just a regular Kreskin.
    well I was just trying to lighten the mood or stirring the beans take your pick.....bottom line is we ain't rolling in dough and Reese ain't out of the woods yet

  2. #159112
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Any idea how the cap numbers work?? LIke for example Beason got 19 over 3yrs with 7mil guaranteed, does that mean that only 7mil goes against the cap per year, this year, what???

    Trying to understand the cap is dizzying
    its all about how its written up Kase ...he could have very little base and a part hit for the g money this year which I suspect.....just a guess he hits the books for 3 maybe 4 mil tops this year.... easy peasey

  3. #159113
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,821
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Every one knows contractors cant add
    you give me a piece of scrap wood and a pencil and I'll scratch out the bottom line for ya in a second


    time to move some snow... have a good afternoon guys!!

  4. #159114
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    13,616
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    its all about how its written up Kase ...he could have very little base and a part hit for the g money this year which I suspect.....just a guess he hits the books for 3 maybe 4 mil tops this year.... easy peasey
    If he's only a 3 or 4mil cap hit per year then thats GREAT!!!!

    So far we have gotten alot of players but havent really broken the bank on any of them, it seems like JR is offering a fair market price and everyone is taking it.

    Whats next guys, Center, DT, DE, OLB, WR, TE, another RB???

    Personally im not sure what I want us to do, I have to check who is left in the FA pool. If Tuck leaves, I wonder if Jared Allen would enjoy finally playing on a contender after a career in KC and Minny.
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'


  5. #159115
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    If he's only a 3 or 4mil cap hit per year then thats GREAT!!!!

    So far we have gotten alot of players but havent really broken the bank on any of them, it seems like JR is offering a fair market price and everyone is taking it.

    Whats next guys, Center, DT, DE, OLB, WR, TE, another RB???

    Personally im not sure what I want us to do, I have to check who is left in the FA pool. If Tuck leaves, I wonder if Jared Allen would enjoy finally playing on a contender after a career in KC and Minny.
    Just be careful about taking those numbers to the bank Kase !

  6. #159116
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,821
    Watson was the guy that made 79 pancake blocks his last year of high school FB....hut the ball and fall on them

  7. #159117
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Westside, Bankhead
    Posts
    23,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Any idea how the cap numbers work?? LIke for example Beason got 19 over 3yrs with 7mil guaranteed, does that mean that only 7mil goes against the cap per year, this year, what???

    Trying to understand the cap is dizzying
    Well he's slated to get 12 million over the first 2 years. From that, we can deduce his cap hit in year 3 will be 7 million (19-12).

    The only thing we don't know is how that 12 million in the first two years is "divvied up."

    Doesn't really matter, though. We know that if we cut him after this year, we'll have paid 7 million (if his 2014 base salary is guaranteed) for one year's play. If we cut him after the 2015 season, then he's collected the 12 million that I mentioned he was slated to get after years 1-2. If he sees the entire deal, then that's just the max value: 19 mil.

  8. #159118
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Westside, Bankhead
    Posts
    23,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    If he's only a 3 or 4mil cap hit per year then thats GREAT!!!!
    It can't be that low every year. Byron was saying it could only be 3 or 4 million this year, which would make next year's cap hit 9 or 8 million, respectively.

    And if that 12 million dollar figure over year 1 and year 2 is correct, then we know year 3 is a 7 million dollar cap hit.

  9. #159119
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,025
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    you give me a piece of scrap wood and a pencil and I'll scratch out the bottom line for ya in a second


    time to move some snow... have a good afternoon guys!!
    haha Have a good one B, be careful.

  10. #159120
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,025
    Floyd Mayweather charged with kidnapping and attempted murder

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts