Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Havent been to Baltimore in a while, but it seemed like you were always 3 blocks from the hood, then again I heard B-More was getting gentrified like a mothalova. I always wanted to hit up inner harbor, heard theres alot going on there.

Its like here in NYC, when I was a kid Bushwick, Red Hook and parts of Williamsburgh used to be considered a little hood, now its friggin hipster central, and WTF is Stuyversant Heights, its Bed Friggin Stuy. I hate real estate people trying to change and create areas that have been communities for years

Im gonna end my rant before it gets off the ground, LOL
    Yea i feel ya....I mean, there's nothing wrong with trying to clean up **** that has no business in resedential areas, reducing crime per se...but.....all it does is make every area of every city unlivable and unaffordable for your avg. joe

Happened up here a bit too....all these Brooklyn hippies turned the city of Beacon into an "artsy" town....Beacon was 80% minority 20% trash, and now it's hipster...all because a DIA museum opened there about 12 years ago >.>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yea i feel ya....I mean, there's nothing wrong with trying to clean up **** that has no business in resedential areas, reducing crime per se...but.....all it does is make every area of every city unlivable and unaffordable for your avg. joe

Happened up here a bit too....all these Brooklyn hippies turned the city of Beacon into an "artsy" town....Beacon was 80% minority 20% trash, and now it's hipster...all because a DIA museum opened there about 12 years ago >.>
    LOL, 'Brooklyn Hipsters' aka rich kids from CT, Ohio, and every little bumblef'ck state moving to Brooklyn because its 'cool'. Argh I HATE hipsters!!! If you rode around my old neighborhood on a unicycle or a vespa you would def get your head cracked when you stopped. And WTF they have enough money to afford a place in BK with a view of the city yet they drink PBR and eat Ramen noodles because its the cool thing to do. Hell I drank 40s and ate Ramen when I was broke, hunngry and wanted to get a little buzz on, not because its ironic.

Cleaning up areas, giving the people more services, and a general improvement of life is not what im bashing, its the huge influx of people drastically changing neighborhoods make up because they want to live somewhere 'interesting' or 'dangerous'. When I finally had enough money I moved back to my old neighborhood for a few years but then was priced out because the influx of hipsters in Park Slope (which used to be working class from 5th ave to 1st ave) found out that Sunset Park was close, not too dangerous, and had an express train. Before ya know it all of the old people you've known for years are moving out, rents are skyrocketing, and the neighborhood you once called your own has no similarity to the place you once knew other than the street names..... F' YOU HIPSTERS

Didnt know that was happening up near you too, for some reason I thought Poughkeepsie would have been the town up there to get gentrified to hipsterville, either that or Yonkers

LOL, 'Brooklyn Hipsters' aka rich kids from CT, Ohio, and every little bumblef'ck state moving to Brooklyn because its 'cool'. Argh I HATE hipsters!!! If you rode around my old neighborhood on a unicycle or a vespa you would def get your head cracked when you stopped. And WTF they have enough money to afford a place in BK with a view of the city yet they drink PBR and eat Ramen noodles because its the cool thing to do. Hell I drank 40s and ate Ramen when I was broke, hunngry and wanted to get a little buzz on, not because its ironic.

Cleaning up areas, giving the people more services, and a general improvement of life is not what im bashing, its the huge influx of people drastically changing neighborhoods make up because they want to live somewhere 'interesting' or 'dangerous'. When I finally had enough money I moved back to my old neighborhood for a few years but then was priced out because the influx of hipsters in Park Slope (which used to be working class from 5th ave to 1st ave) found out that Sunset Park was close, not too dangerous, and had an express train. Before ya know it all of the old people you've known for years are moving out, rents are skyrocketing, and the neighborhood you once called your own has no similarity to the place you once knew other than the street names..... F' YOU HIPSTERS

Didnt know that was happening up near you too, for some reason I thought Poughkeepsie would have been the town up there to get gentrified to hipsterville, either that or Yonkers
    Hasn't happened in Poughkeepsie yet really....maybe on a smaller scale....but just south of here it's happenin.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Hasn't happened in Poughkeepsie yet really....maybe on a smaller scale....but just south of here it's happenin.
    I wont lie, I said Poughkeepsie because, 1 I know you live there and I know you're the head of this hipster movement (are there even lenses in your glasses!?!?) and 2 I cant really name any towns between the Cross County Expressway and Poughkeepsie, LOL

jk

I wont lie, I said Poughkeepsie because, 1 I know you live there and I know you're the head of this hipster movement (are there even lenses in your glasses!?!?) and 2 I cant really name any towns between the Cross County Expressway and Poughkeepsie, LOL

jk
    wtf is the cross county? lmao

nah, we get that a lot though...a lot of people from both the city AND "the north" just refer to everything above Westchester, as "Poughkeepsie".....doesn't bother me TOO much, except that I feel the area actually in Poughkeepsie is significantly better than a lot of the surrounding areas for sure.
    I also don't like when living an Hour from manhattan makes me "Upstate" for some reason >.>
    But im sure you refer to it the same lol.....whatever, that wont change i suppose.
    Last edited by JPizzack; 03-20-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

nah, we get that a lot though...a lot of people from both the city AND "the north" just refer to everything above Westchester, as "Poughkeepsie".....doesn't bother me TOO much, except that I feel the area actually in Poughkeepsie is significantly better than a lot of the surrounding areas for sure.
    I also don't like when living an Hour from manhattan makes me "Upstate" for some reason >.>
    But im sure you refer to it the same lol.....whatever, that wont change i suppose.
    Isnt the Cross County the road that takes you from the Hutch to the Tappan Zee Bridge?? Then again Ive only lived in BK and LI my whole life so my geography of upstate ()may not be correct

WOW, I always thought Poughkeepsie was like 2hrs or something from the city, for some reason I always viewed it as the halfway point between the city and Albany.

Sorry but Im one of those people that calls anything north of Yonkers 'Upstate'..... I dont really know much about that area north of the city, Ive been to the White Plains Mall and Pearl River if that counts for anything. Nyack looks like a nice little city. I know the Metro North runs up there. My buddies brother is a cop in Scarsdale and I heard thats SUPER nice. Uhh The LOX are from Yonkers..... And thats pretty much all I know about the area between NYC and Albany, LOL

jk
    lmao.

I just looked it up and I meant the Cross Westchester Expressway, I was close though

I just looked it up and I meant the Cross Westchester Expressway, I was close though
    oh....287....yea I take that after I pickup Lttaylor56 for games
    we dont really know the names up here, we just know the numbers I guess...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Cirvelli already has 4 homers this preseason.