Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    When was the last time the US invaded a country and claimed it for ourselves? Its been a while.
    idk...but, the Caribbean looks nice right about now -_____-
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    idk...but, the Caribbean looks nice right about now -_____-
    I dont follow...

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You as, well. :P
    With all your pompous nonsense over the past few months........THAT'S the best comeback you could muster?

I overestimated you.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    America has enemies whether we like it or not. Russia is one of them and has been for over 60 years. Can you imagine how many MORE conflicts there would be if America wasnt the "world police"?
    I can't remember the General's name right now, but back during the Cold War he said something to the effect of that Russia's and China's views on the US were informed by our views on them than anything else. Essentially, by treating them as hostile, we ensured their hostility.

Of course, that's a two way street. While I agree that the US does need to take point in international matters, our foreign policy has a history of both sanctimony and hypocrisy which doesn't play very well with other nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    With all your pompous nonsense over the past few months........THAT'S the best comeback you could muster?

I overestimated you.
    Not really feeling it today.

I can't remember the General's name right now, but back during the Cold War he said something to the effect of that Russia's and China's views on the US were informed by our views on them than anything else. Essentially, by treating them as hostile, we ensured their hostility.

Of course, that's a two way street. While I agree that the US does need to take point in international matters, our foreign policy has a history of both sanctimony and hypocrisy which doesn't play very well with other nations.
    Thank you Oliver Stone.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Thank you Oliver Stone.
    Yeah, because the US has always been open and honest in its international and foreign policy. You can keep your head buried in the sand if you wish, but this isn't a matter of opinion. It's cold, hard fact.

Thank you Oliver Stone.
    I know we've had this discussion in here before maybe a year or 2 ago...but I'm still dumbfounded by the amount of people who think Oliver Stone's "historical" movies like JFK and Nixon are based on fact, after years of him saying that it was just his spin on reading reports....you know "story telling" which all good writers and directors SHOULD be good at? lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

That being said....Platoon, Wall Street, Any Given Sunday, and JFK are kickass movies...

His last movie, Savages....was so terrible despite my mancrush on Taylor Kitsche and the fact that I'd do terrible terribly dirty things to Blake Lively...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Yeah, because the US has always been open and honest in its international and foreign policy. You can keep your head buried in the sand if you wish, but this isn't a matter of opinion. It's cold, hard fact.
    Who gives a **** about open and honest?
    I expect our foreign policy to be in the interest of the American people and our security.

How naive are you?