Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Who gives a **** about open and honest?I expect our foreign policy to be in the interest of the American people and our security.

How naive are you?
    Republican so hard, humanity can't fiiiind you
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Who gives a **** about open and honest?
    I expect our foreign policy to be in the interest of the American people and our security.

How naive are you?
    Obviously not as naive as you are.

I've devoted my day on the front desk(which can sometimes be dreadfully slow) to reading on WW1 for 8 hours. I dont know why...but it's been happening for the past 2hrs lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I can't remember the General's name right now, but back during the Cold War he said something to the effect of that Russia's and China's views on the US were informed by our views on them than anything else. Essentially, by treating them as hostile, we ensured their hostility.

Of course, that's a two way street. While I agree that the US does need to take point in international matters, our foreign policy has a history of both sanctimony and hypocrisy which doesn't play very well with other nations.
    So youre saying we should be nice to them? Well Obama has been being nice to them, he shut down the missile program without any compromise. He announces cuts to our military, the very next week Russia moves into Crimea, China starts war games, and North Korea starts launches test missiles, Iran talks get thrown out again. Coincidence?????
    It seems being nice just emboldens our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    That being said....Platoon, Wall Street, Any Given Sunday, and JFK are kickass movies...

His last movie, Savages....was so terrible despite my mancrush on Taylor Kitsche and the fact that I'd do terrible terribly dirty things to Blake Lively...
    Wall Street was a good movie. The rest are complete lies.
    Yes his "semi-fictional" accounts are just that. But more importantly, they are designed to create a completely false historical account. His depiction of Nixon was a joke. The notion that Oswald wasn't the lone assassin is completely contradicted by the facts. Platoon was just another attempt to portray the US and its soldiers in a completely negative light.

He hated our country and he makes these "fantasy" movies to forward that view.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Obviously not as naive as you are.
    Why don't you cite an example for me.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Wall Street was a good movie. The rest are complete lies.
    Yes his "semi-fictional" accounts are just that. But more importantly, they are designed to create a completely false historical account. His depiction of Nixon was a joke. The notion that Oswald wasn't the lone assassin is completely contradicted by the facts. Platoon was just another attempt to portray the US and its soldiers in a completely negative light.

He hated our country and he makes these "fantasy" movies to forward that view.
    /sigh...

it's entertainment....it's stated as entertainment.....it's not supposed to be the truth....

You went there with the Platoon thing, eh? If you dont think people in the military can be complete sick ****s, than I assure you that you ARE in fact naive. That **** most definitely does happen. My cousin did 5 tours in Afghanistan, and his stories are worse than **** in that movie.
    Last edited by JPizzack; 03-25-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Why don't you cite an example for me.
    Japan initiating an attack on Pearl Harbor was as much due to our hypocrisy in our dealings with them than any outright hostility towards us. But, you'll just say that it's lies, so I'm not going to bother wasting my breath on you.

I know we've had this discussion in here before maybe a year or 2 ago...but I'm still dumbfounded by the amount of people who think Oliver Stone's "historical" movies like JFK and Nixon are based on fact, after years of him saying that it was just his spin on reading reports....you know "story telling" which all good writers and directors SHOULD be good at? lol
    I liked the movie Nixon but it did have a left leaning feel to it. I like Hopkins.
    The Russians were terrified of Nixon and for good reason.
    Nixon spies on one office gets impeached, Obama spies on the whole country and the media protects him. funny

/sigh...

it's entertainment....it's stated as entertainment.....it's not supposed to be the truth....
    Just remember, to the right, anything that states that America has ever done anything wrong or underhanded is just lies or anti-American agitprop. America is awesome, but we're not always wearing the white hat.