Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Do you smoke ? when I smoked I had colds all the time.....now every year I get a flue shot... "I started that mostly because of my copd " I also had a shot for Pneumonia its good for 10 years or something.... I haven't had a bad cold in at least a couple of years..I don't remember when the last one was....I also think getting outside and getting fresh air every day in the winter is important....Oh yea... and stay away from sick people...

no kidding tho people close to me try not to come around when they are sick....when the wife is sick she gets the porch .......
    Yeah, back when I smoked I'd get bronchitis at least twice a year (usually late fall/early winter and then again late winter/early spring) with a cold or two in between. Now, I'll get a bad cold maybe once a year. And this is also the first year I've gotten a flu shot since I was a kid. Quitting smoking was one of the best things I've ever done.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yeah, back when I smoked I'd get bronchitis at least twice a year (usually late fall/early winter and then again late winter/early spring) with a cold or two in between. Now, I'll get a bad cold maybe once a year. And this is also the first year I've gotten a flu shot since I was a kid. Quitting smoking was one of the best things I've ever done.
    yea big difference for me.... I was getting colds on top of colds the last year I smoked ....landed in the hospital and I finally put them down.....I still miss the basnips but I like breathing better ....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I have Sunday's DVRed. Seeing as I have a better chance of getting lifetime season tickets on the home sideline 50 yard line than I do getting my wife to watch a science show, I usually catch up on Sunday morning/afternoon when my wife is still sleeping, lol.
    you gotta go Jesse Pinkman on her!! "SCIENCE, *****!!!"

(not implying she is....just sayin that ITS FOR SCIENCE!!! lmao)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

yea big difference for me.... I was getting colds on top of colds the last year I smoked ....landed in the hospital and I finally put them down.....I still miss the basnips but I like breathing better ....lol
    I'm a smoker, and I MIGHT get a cold here and there, but the worst I get is every other year around november/december I got an upper-respiratory thing for about a week. This year though, I OD'd on the bundling up thing early, and seemed to avoid pretty much everything but some nasal/sinus congestion, thankfully.

oh, and dezz doesnt smoke cigs to my knowledge, just the Mary J Juana...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm a smoker, and I MIGHT get a cold here and there, but the worst I get is every other year around november/december I got an upper-respiratory thing for about a week. This year though, I OD'd on the bundling up thing early, and seemed to avoid pretty much everything but some nasal/sinus congestion, thankfully.

I'm shocked you don't have chronic bronchitis.

I have acute bronchitis, I get it only twice a year, spring and winter.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm shocked you don't have chronic bronchitis.

I have acute bronchitis, I get it only twice a year, spring and winter.
    I've managed to somehow build a fairly strong immune system. I credit it to honestly NOT being healthy for over a decade because i kinda always feel like i have a head cold (idk...). I very rarely get sick with anything. I had the flu twice in the past 20 years without flu shots(im not opposed to it, just dont do it), and like i said, only a respiratory infection once in awhile, but even my doctor thinks its from old exposure, so i've been sure to "bundle up" like mom always told me to. haha

I really have no explanation...

weird fact:
    both times I've had the flu were the weeks following the Giants winning their past 2 Super Bowls. Clearly it's because I used every tiny bit of myself to assist with the playoff runs =]
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I've managed to somehow build a fairly strong immune system. I credit it to honestly NOT being healthy for over a decade because i kinda always feel like i have a head cold (idk...). I very rarely get sick with anything. I had the flu twice in the past 20 years without flu shots(im not opposed to it, just dont do it), and like i said, only a respiratory infection once in awhile, but even my doctor thinks its from old exposure, so i've been sure to "bundle up" like mom always told me to. haha

I really have no explanation...

weird fact:
    both times I've had the flu were the weeks following the Giants winning their past 2 Super Bowls. Clearly it's because I used every tiny bit of myself to assist with the playoff runs =]
    Haha that's pretty funny, hopefully you get the flu again in February.

I don't get sick either. Recently I went in for a physical before school and they told me everything was literally perfect.
    My immune system rocks.

I remember one summer where I literally laid in bed all day and ate cheetos, and one day I was like I hate feeling lazy, I'm going to the gym.
    Ran for 20 minutes straight no problem. I'm weird.

you gotta go Jesse Pinkman on her!! "SCIENCE, *****!!!"

(not implying she is....just sayin that ITS FOR SCIENCE!!! lmao)
    I tried that last week. Then I tried the couch to sleep. lol.

All-Pro

Mary J. a bad ***** !

Mary J. a bad ***** !
    Weed is great.