1. #160221
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Community Liason Police Officers at each school would also work, and they would have the proper training rather than giving guns to the teachers, principals, nurses, janitors and lunch ladies. OR we could hire older military personel that is about to retire and has the proper training, im all for security at schools, from elementary schools all the way up to colleges
    Why are we arguing about guns? I don't care about guns.
    How about the crap economy, the nightmare of Obamacare and our $18 trillion debt that YOU will have to pay back....not me.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  2. #160222
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    You know what else all of those cities have in common?? They're all in America and we cant just not count them because they dont fit your argument. Those are some of the biggest cities in the USA so of course theyll have problems there are more people to get a cross section from.

    OK so since more people were killed by blunt objects we should put restrictions on bazookas?? That makes no sense at all, and last I heard they limited clips to 30, not 7. 7 is what NY state is TRYING to get in order for handguns which is fine to me. Do you really need 16 in the clip and 1 in the hole?? If you are properly trained 1 or 2 shots should neutralize your intruder, you are supposed to shoot to stop not to kill, thats the difference between someone that knows what theyre doing and re-creating the Sean Bell Incident.

    You can still have infinite amount of fully loaded clips as long as they dont have more than 10 shots in there. NY has the 7 shot limit on appeal right now so its not really a law.

    The whole 'war on guns' is based on school shootings
    It does fit my argument because the issue clearly isnt guns, its gang violence and poverty. If they werent using guns it would be knives and possibly ieds. You saw what happened in China a month ago?

    " NY, MD and CT enacted a ban on sales of AR-15 (and other types of firearms) in response to the December 2012 Sandy Hook Massacre"

    This whole war on guns is based off a knee jerk reaction, which is how most rights are taken away.

  3. #160223
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,117
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    It does fit my argument because the issue clearly isnt guns, its gang violence and poverty. If they werent using guns it would be knives and possibly ieds. You saw what happened in China a month ago?

    " NY, MD and CT enacted a ban on sales of AR-15 (and other types of firearms) in response to the December 2012 Sandy Hook Massacre"

    This whole war on guns is based off a knee jerk reaction, which is how most rights are taken away.
    You are right about that. Its just opportunistic politicians trying to appease an overreacting citizenry.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  4. #160224
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    The Dems are at fault even though the right 'shut down the government' and called it a partywide victory and then when asked about it they said the left did it. Theyre a bunch of spoiled brats that let political party lines get in between helping the greater good of the country, then scream "Benghazi' or 'Obamacare' like its some kind of battle cry.

    The constitution say we have a right to bear arms but not 90 round mini guns, back then they were talking about muskets that take a few seconds to load up each shot. Then the right says well now our enemies have assault rifles, so why cant we. But where does it stop, 'our enemies have nuclear bombs why cant we' is where its going to end up and then every dumbass will have a nuclear bomb because theyre afraid Obama will come in make every a muslim, keep the white man down, and rip up the constitution while replacing it with sharia law.

    I like the NRA's stand that reponsible ownership is key to safely owning guns, but I dont need a 50 round clip, I dont need an automatic weapon, and I dont need the NRA to flood campaign funding. Hell if we limited campaign spending to a set amount say $1mil, then we may be able to get some real fair elections
    you mean the shut down that happened because the Administration didnt want to hold off on mandates for individuals and small business for obama care, but caved a few weeks ago when this disaster started hitting a wall....that shut down?

  5. #160225
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,117
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    you mean the shut down that happened because the Administration didnt want to hold off on mandates for individuals and small business for obama care, but caved a few weeks ago when this disaster started hitting a wall....that shut down?
    Yeah....that' the one.

    They refused to delay the mandates...allowing the government to shutdown and then after the shutdown was over, they delayed the mandates.

    Only Dem's could pull that nonsense.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  6. #160226
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,492
    Do work, Kase....I hate talking to these clowns about anything that resembles politics. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  7. #160227
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,676
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    you mean the shut down that happened because the Administration didnt want to hold off on mandates for individuals and small business for obama care, but caved a few weeks ago when this disaster started hitting a wall....that shut down?
    You mean the shutdown that was caused because the Republicans failed 50+ times at repealing the ACA through established legal measures and attempted to extort the Administration and Democratic legislation into giving into their demands?

    C'mon, the shutdown was because the Tea Partiers threw a freaking hissy fit.

  8. #160228
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    13,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why are we arguing about guns? I don't care about guns.
    How about the crap economy, the nightmare of Obamacare and our $18 trillion debt that YOU will have to pay back....not me.
    All things that could be fixed with a little cooperation.

    So Obama said 7mil would sign up and 7.1 did, I wonder how the conservative media will skew this as the end of America.

    I like the idea of Affordable Care Act (Not sure what this 'Obamacare' is you right's yell about) but I dont like the fines that they will give you if you dont sign up in time.

    I know you dont agree with this but if we got back a lot of those manufacturing jobs that left and start implementing higher import taxes on foreign goods then we'll be heading in the right direction. We'll get jobs back AND attack the deficit..... That and fully legalization and taxation of marijuana too wouldnt hurt
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'


  9. #160229
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You mean the shutdown that was caused because the Republicans failed 50+ times at repealing the ACA through established legal measures and attempted to extort the Administration and Democratic legislation into giving into their demands?

    C'mon, the shutdown was because the Tea Partiers threw a freaking hissy fit.
    Another Dem boogie man....The Tea Party. As if you folks even know what that is.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  10. #160230
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    All things that could be fixed with a little cooperation.

    So Obama said 7mil would sign up and 7.1 did, I wonder how the conservative media will skew this as the end of America.

    I like the idea of Affordable Care Act (Not sure what this 'Obamacare' is you right's yell about) but I dont like the fines that they will give you if you dont sign up in time.

    I know you dont agree with this but if we got back a lot of those manufacturing jobs that left and start implementing higher import taxes on foreign goods then we'll be heading in the right direction. We'll get jobs back AND attack the deficit..... That and fully legalization and taxation of marijuana too wouldnt hurt
    How many of those were kicked off their existing plans? You know the ones that Obama said they could keep?
    And the point of Obamacare was to insure the uninsured. The CBO says that 35MM will still be uninsured after Obamacare is fully engaged.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts