1. #161221
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,191
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Well, I'm not a M*******, I dont know these things.
    Do you follow baseball?
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  2. #161222
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,191
    It's been a Boston tradition. The fans leave the ball park and go a few blocks to Copley and watch folks finishing the race.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  3. #161223
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Do you follow baseball?
    I'm not sure how Boston fits into that =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  4. #161224
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,191
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm not sure how Boston fits into that =P
    I can see how you would think the champs are a cut above the rest.

    I get it.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  5. #161225
    Hall of Famer Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    woof arf bark woof
    Posts
    50,587
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    She didnt say if it was good.
    It was good.
    Mood: WOOF!

  6. #161226
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,191
    You guys may hate the Sox but Boston does it right. The ceremony last night was fantastic. No long winded speeches. Just moving music (with plenty of bagpipes) while all those effected last year walk onto the field. many with their prosthetic limbs. First responders, doctors and nurses, runners etc..... It was a great moment. My wife was crying for the entire ceremony.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  7. #161227
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    Ayye, I love me some pipes.

  8. #161228
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It's been a Boston tradition. The fans leave the ball park and go a few blocks to Copley and watch folks finishing the race.
    I can't even imagine that after a Yankee game. the SWARMS of people exiting on E 161st is ****ing insane....and the streets surrounding Fenway are even smaller.
    Well....actually, what's Fenway capacity? oh just looked...12,000 less than Yankee Stadium, so I guess that's a big enough difference.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  9. #161229
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,191
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I can't even imagine that after a Yankee game. the SWARMS of people exiting on E 161st is ****ing insane....and the streets surrounding Fenway are even smaller.
    Well....actually, what's Fenway capacity? oh just looked...12,000 less than Yankee Stadium, so I guess that's a big enough difference.
    And there is very little parking at Fenway. Mostly its folks heading for the T after every game.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  10. #161230
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You guys may hate the Sox but Boston does it right. The ceremony last night was fantastic. No long winded speeches. Just moving music (with plenty of bagpipes) while all those effected last year walk onto the field. many with their prosthetic limbs. First responders, doctors and nurses, runners etc..... It was a great moment. My wife was crying for the entire ceremony.
    I have no hate for all that....im not a heartless *******....well not all the time.

    Pipe bands are really big around here(i have no idea why exactly, but i have no complaints lol). My brother is actually affiliated with a huge Competition/Parade pipe band called the Amerscot Highlanders.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts