1. #164301
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I'm not even trying to defend the details of the contract, but just saying the guy is no bum. He was in a SB 2 years ago and 1 game away from it this last season.

    With the going rate nowadays for contracts, I'm not really surprised.
    Kap is a product of his environment. Great defense, great wr, good rb, good o line.

    Hes not worth it

  2. #164302
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Thunder Bay, Canada
    Posts
    13,357
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Kap is a product of his environment. Great defense, great wr, good rb, good o line.

    Hes not worth it
    I don't think anyone is worth these ridiculous contracts they're giving these days but that's the going rate. Look at the guaranteed money Romo got.

    As for being a product of his environment, I'm not sure that's all it is. Sure having a beast defense and run game helps, but between him and Alex Smith, the difference was night and day for that offense. His QBR is still pretty damn good, only behind Peyton and Rodgers since he started. When I think of someone who's a product of their environment I think of Trent Dilfer or Terry Bradshaw.

  3. #164303
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    Rudys been scarce. She doesnt want to hang out with the big kids

  4. #164304
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I don't think anyone is worth these ridiculous contracts they're giving these days but that's the going rate. Look at the guaranteed money Romo got.

    As for being a product of his environment, I'm not sure that's all it is. Sure having a beast defense and run game helps, but between him and Alex Smith, the difference was night and day for that offense. His QBR is still pretty damn good, only behind Peyton and Rodgers since he started. When I think of someone who's a product of their environment I think of Trent Dilfer or Terry Bradshaw.
    In my opinion Smith was just as effective as Kap, they just bring different traits to the table.

  5. #164305
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,187
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    From Schefter:

    Since Colin Kaepernick’s 1st start in 2012, he’s 3rd-highest rated QB w/ total QBR of 69.6, trailing only Manning (83.3) and Rodgers (71.3).

    Maybe that's why
    Yeah...I don't get the Kaepernick hate. He's still learning but the kid can flat play and he knows how to win.
    Definitely worth the contract.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  6. #164306
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,187
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Yea it sucked man. Better team lost last night.
    Thank you Wade Phillips.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  7. #164307
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yeah...I don't get the Kaepernick HATE. He's still learning but the kid can flat play and he knows how to win.
    Definitely worth the contract.
    NONSENSE!!!!

  8. #164308
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Thank you Wade Phillips.
    Its the trooof.

  9. #164309
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yeah...I don't get the Kaepernick hate. He's still learning but the kid can flat play and he knows how to win.
    Definitely worth the contract.
    haha i knew he'd chime in eventually.

    MH would support Romo if it meant he didnt have to have Eli anymore.

    Take SF's defense away (and it looks like it WILL slowly come apart), and Kaep is just another Michael Vick, with Beats headphones on....who looks like the squid from spongebob....who maaaaay or may not ocassionally commit sexual assault.....
    Last edited by JPizzack; 06-05-2014 at 09:31 AM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  10. #164310
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,684
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Kap is a product of his environment. Great defense, great wr, good rb, good o line.

    Hes not worth it
    Eaxctly. Especially considering when they were making him play from the pocket more during the year, he struggled a bit. Doesn't mean he won't get better from the pocket, but I don't think it's a good idea to give $20m/yr to someone you have questions about from the pocket.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts