Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I'm not even trying to defend the details of the contract, but just saying the guy is no bum. He was in a SB 2 years ago and 1 game away from it this last season.

With the going rate nowadays for contracts, I'm not really surprised.
    Kap is a product of his environment. Great defense, great wr, good rb, good o line.

Hes not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Kap is a product of his environment. Great defense, great wr, good rb, good o line.

Hes not worth it
    I don't think anyone is worth these ridiculous contracts they're giving these days but that's the going rate. Look at the guaranteed money Romo got.

As for being a product of his environment, I'm not sure that's all it is. Sure having a beast defense and run game helps, but between him and Alex Smith, the difference was night and day for that offense. His QBR is still pretty damn good, only behind Peyton and Rodgers since he started. When I think of someone who's a product of their environment I think of Trent Dilfer or Terry Bradshaw.

Rudys been scarce. She doesnt want to hang out with the big kids

I don't think anyone is worth these ridiculous contracts they're giving these days but that's the going rate. Look at the guaranteed money Romo got.

As for being a product of his environment, I'm not sure that's all it is. Sure having a beast defense and run game helps, but between him and Alex Smith, the difference was night and day for that offense. His QBR is still pretty damn good, only behind Peyton and Rodgers since he started. When I think of someone who's a product of their environment I think of Trent Dilfer or Terry Bradshaw.
    In my opinion Smith was just as effective as Kap, they just bring different traits to the table.

From Schefter:

Since Colin Kaepernick’s 1st start in 2012, he’s 3rd-highest rated QB w/ total QBR of 69.6, trailing only Manning (83.3) and Rodgers (71.3).

Maybe that's why
    Yeah...I don't get the Kaepernick hate. He's still learning but the kid can flat play and he knows how to win.
    Definitely worth the contract.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Yea it sucked man. Better team lost last night.
    Thank you Wade Phillips.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yeah...I don't get the Kaepernick HATE. He's still learning but the kid can flat play and he knows how to win.
    NONSENSE!!!!

Thank you Wade Phillips.
    Its the trooof.

Yeah...I don't get the Kaepernick hate. He's still learning but the kid can flat play and he knows how to win.
    haha i knew he'd chime in eventually.

MH would support Romo if it meant he didnt have to have Eli anymore.

Take SF's defense away (and it looks like it WILL slowly come apart), and Kaep is just another Michael Vick, with Beats headphones on....who looks like the squid from spongebob....who maaaaay or may not ocassionally commit sexual assault.....
    Last edited by JPizzack; 06-05-2014 at 09:31 AM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Hes not worth it
    Eaxctly. Especially considering when they were making him play from the pocket more during the year, he struggled a bit. Doesn't mean he won't get better from the pocket, but I don't think it's a good idea to give $20m/yr to someone you have questions about from the pocket.